The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Vernet ABS Plastic Card Guards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SandwichMan
View Profile
New user
Myrtle Beach
77 Posts

Profile of SandwichMan
Hey guys. I just stumbled across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNHmVxHziu4

I've read some reviews stating that it works just as well as metal card guards. I personally already have a Porper, which I love dearly, but I wouldn't mind getting one of these just to try it out. They go for $9.00 on Penguin. Does anyone have any experience with one of these?
Music is meaningless if it cannot be FELT be cannot it if meaningless is magic.
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I think this goes more to what you want. Im in Dallas, so I don't need the "precision" of a Porper quality clip. I have both, and for just adding a bit of protection and warp protection, it's fine for day in, day out carry. Again, its not going to do what a Porper clip does, nor does it look near as sexy
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
ABS plastic is as strong as many steel products. That is why they use them automobiles. The thing I noted was the curved in ends. If they do not leave enough room for the cards to be flat, then the curve could round the edges.
COB
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of COB
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2015, Scott Horn wrote:
I think this goes more to what you want. Im in Dallas, so I don't need the "precision" of a Porper quality clip. I have both, and for just adding a bit of protection and warp protection, it's fine for day in, day out carry. Again, its not going to do what a Porper clip does, nor does it look near as sexy

What is it that a porper will do that something like the vernet won't? The porper clips do look gorgeous so I may just pay that little bit extra. Decisions decisions.
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
It essentailly cosmetic... the looks primarily, and the thickness is less with Porper
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Vernet ABS Plastic Card Guards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL