The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "I don't like spiders, snakes, etc." Why? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Did Boris the Spider twice last night. First to my daughter in laws sister who absolutely freaked! Of course, she immediately asked me to do it to her best friend when she showed up. So, when I did it to her best friend, when she saw the spider, she very nonchalantly said, "Oh, that's cool."
dannywu
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of dannywu
Always wondered that... I'm not afraid of spiders but faint when I see reptiles.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2015, dannywu wrote:
Always wondered that... I'm not afraid of spiders but faint when I see reptiles.

Shadows of a bad ending to a past life.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Dannywu,

That is so sad.

Reptiles are so beautiful and likable.

Try watching a few Nature Shows about them from a safe distance and it may change your feelings a little (at least enough so you won't faint).

If you ever knew a Snake as a friend you would feel so differently about all of them.

-Mary Mowder
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Dannywu,

That is so sad.

Reptiles are so beautiful and likable.

Try watching a few Nature Shows about them from a safe distance and it may change your feelings a little (at least enough so you won't faint).

If you ever knew a Snake as a friend you would feel so differently about all of them.

-Mary Mowder
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I love the Web, and now Boris! If that makes me an A.H. then so be it, I've been called a lot worse. I usually save that one for any hecklers during a close up set. It's also perfect for those who's phone rings! With the right timing in the right crowd it could be perfect.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2015, w_s_anderson wrote:
I love the Web, and now Boris! If that makes me an A.H. then so be it, I've been called a lot worse. I usually save that one for any hecklers during a close up set. It's also perfect for those who's phone rings! With the right timing in the right crowd it could be perfect.

I think 'right timing and right crowd' is very key. I had a frantic response a few times with the Web, (strolling) in front of an impromptu audience. But with a birthday party for 12 yr olds where they know you are the magician ...yeah, this can work. And there's also a nuance with Boris as well. But for a general audience, I just wont do the Web anymore. note: once a spectator actually threw the toy far away in an out of control response; and this was literally the last time I performed the Web LOL! Lynn
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
These spiders really want someone to watch them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yYC5r8xMI
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:

They got me - extraordinary. (I had to sit through a Palmer United Party ad before the main feature though)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't like those sorts of tricks but I hardly think you are a jerk for using them. Right place right time sure use them. They just don't for me personally.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2015, Destiny wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:

They got me - extraordinary. (I had to sit through a Palmer United Party ad before the main feature though)

Glad you watched, on behalf of the little spiders thank you.

Very sorry that the Clive Palmer was on your screen.
An embarassment to the nation. (distant cousin to GWB, maybe)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "I don't like spiders, snakes, etc." Why? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL