The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » TODAY'S HAUL (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Just wanted to share today's haul! Went to my local brick n mortar (what's that? lol) today and picked up a few classics. At one time I had the complete Tarbell and Card College series, but sold them when I stepped away from magic. Time to rebuild. The other two I have PDFs of, but haven't read yet. I always do better with hard copies anyway, so I can't wait to dig in!

Click here to view attached image.
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Some great selections! The Nelms book is filled with food for thought in addition to practical advice on the correct way to stand on a stage and avoiding wearing jewelry that can distract from your magic.
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Thanks for the heads up Leo! I'm excited to get more theory and showmanship into my education. After all, that is the true secret to magic!
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Good for you, Onion, books are the best way to go.
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
I agree magicfish. I don't think anything can effectively replace a book. It's literally magic in your hands!
-Mike Gilbert Smile

Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Mark Twain is said to have said: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read anyway."

Over the years, I had "carte blanche" admittance to Jay Marshall's and Bob Lund's libraries. (They knew that I would never use a fried egg for a bookmark! --it gets the egg full of dust!

"...If you fail to learn to read, you fail to learn, if you fail to learn, you fail."
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Well said, Sir...well said. Smile
-Mike Gilbert Smile

danhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Champaign, IL
115 Posts

Profile of danhughes
Dick, I'd always heard the "inside a dog" quote attributed to Groucho!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
OOOOPS! "Youse" is correct! I'll go stand in the corner for a half hour.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » TODAY'S HAUL (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL