The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello ! Bonjour ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Abitibix
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Abitibix
Bonjour, hi ! I speak just a bit in english, but enought (I think so) to communicate here, in this fabulous forum. I'm 55 y.o. Retired since january first. Since ten years, I did magic ( Mostly cards tricks). Now, with my new life, I want to improve my knowledge. I would like to buy 4-5 news tricks. What is your top 3 ?
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Welcome to the Café Abitibix. I hope you enjoy it.
Wow, my top three are hard to pick.
1. F-1 Nitro Wallet.
2. Messado Rings.
3. Chop Cup.

Keith Shazam
SHAZAM!
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
A book, another book and one more book.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Abitibix,

Are you looking for non-card effects?

The book suggestion is really good. "Royal Road to card Magic" would be a good start.

For non cards I like:

Small rings like the Messados,

Professors Nightmare, a Rope effect. Great for your first try with ropes.
Daryl, Flip, Aldo Colombini and Dennis Loomis all have great video on Ropes. Ropes are an amazing and fun branch of Magic.

Don't try to get into more than three things at once. Three is nice for the variety but you do need some focus to get anything ready to perform.

Practice of Cards, Rings and Ropes (and Ring & Rope) have all brought me great joy. If you find a Magic pal with the same or similar interests, session-ing can be wonderful as well.

Enjoy this new chapter. "In which Abitibix finds his bliss".

-Mary Mowder
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Welcome Abitibix!

Yes, books are the best value in magic. Also, start with the classics. Ropes, Cups & balls, small objects (sponge balls, two-in-the-hand, one-in-the-pocket). Those will build a strong foundation that other tricks can be easily added to.

Enjoy the journey!

Hudson
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Bon Soir! et Bienvenu! Je parle seulement un peu de Francais!

So, we will get along just fine!

You need to understand that you cannot BUY tricks! C'est impossible! One can only PERFORM tricks.

One can buy PROPS and/or SECRETS. Using the props/secrets, one can perform a trick.
Mais, always remember that the performer is more important than the props/secrets.

If the performer has a good PRESENTATION, the spectator will see, or think that he sees an EFFECT. If the EFFECT is SIMPLE & FUN, the spectator will probably be ENTERTAINED. >>>MAGIC IS NOT INHERENTLY ENTERTAINING!<<< The PERFORMER and his PRESENTATION must make the PERFORMANCE ENTERTAINING.

In order to understand what I have said, it would be best to read/study books. TARBELL'S "COURSE IN MAGIC" is the book that I always recomend. There are seven volumes ($20.00 per volume. Tarbell is an INVESTMENT that will pay dividends. There is a pdf version of Tarbell available FREE on the internet.

There are, of course, many books, but, I always recommend Tarbell.

Je suis vieux! (J'ai 83 annees) Much of my program "comes" from Tarbell. I made a living, most of my life with tricks, and PRINCIPLES that I learned from Tarbell.

To add a trick to one's repertoire, there are three steps necessary:

1. Learn how the trick is DONE.

2. Learn how to DO it.

3. Learn how to DO it, so that it ENTERTAINS an audience! (#3 is the most difficult part!

Bonne chance!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello ! Bonjour ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL