The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dennis Marks One-on-One- In-Their-Hands, Reading System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Manfredo
View Profile
New user
Nuernberg/Germany
93 Posts

Profile of Manfredo
In Linking Ring 12/2003, I read about this trick by Dennis Marks. Is there anybody who has experience with it? Is there any resemblance with the "Third Eye" from Dennis Marks?
Uriah Fuller
View Profile
New user
SuperMind
59 Posts

Profile of Uriah Fuller
Manfredo,

There is no semblance with "Third Eye." This is a billet reading system that is simple and direct. "Third Eye" is a shiner set-up. This system uses a very slick and interesting set-up and the use of a common card worker's sleight (easy to do and use in this case). I've seen the work and it's interesting.

Uriah
What confessions can you make when your Supermind stands awake - UF
Manfredo
View Profile
New user
Nuernberg/Germany
93 Posts

Profile of Manfredo
Uriah, thank you.

Can you get it only from Dennis Marks himself or is there another place?

Manfredo
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
You have to order it direct from Dennis. As Uriah says, it uses some scaled down card moves, which is why I haven't investigated it quite yet. But it is said to be pretty effective for those who get it down.
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
A search produced nothing. Any chance of a link?

Cheers.
Uriah Fuller
View Profile
New user
SuperMind
59 Posts

Profile of Uriah Fuller
Here is the info on the "One-On-One" System:

THE DENNIS MARKS ONE-ON-ONE, IN THEIR HANDS,THOUGHT READING SYSTEM

They write a word, a name, a wish, on your business card. They fold the card in quarters and, while the card is in their hands, while they think about what they have written, you tell them their thought! You are correct. AND they keep the card!

That’s what they will remember you did. Pure mind reading! It looks exactly as simple as that. No center tear, no carbons, no shiners, no special folds, no pre-show, no forces, no impressions, no chemicals, no swami gimmick, no special writing device. No envelopes. And…no wallet! Do it any time, any place, with business cards you have in your possession now and an ordinary pen or pencil.

A LIMITED RELEASE! You get an 18 page manuscript on colored paper (to make it difficult to Xerox) plus four pages of photos by acclaimed photographer Pete Biro; sample business cards for practice; and the extra something.

The manuscript and photos detail several handlings, PLUS “Invisible Prediction” and a business card Triple (Mental Epic-Style) Prediction that doesn’t use a force! Al Mann would write: “Someone could make a living with just this system.”

Charles Reynolds: “Wonderful! So clever! Someone could make a living with just this system.”

RAVES FROM “THE LEGENDARY THIRTEEN,” Billy McComb, Ted Lesley, Center Tear, Richard Webster, Harry Lorayne, others… And stunned reaction from three ESP professors at The Rhine Research Center in Durham, North Carolina

$30 ppd. US; foreign add $5 for postage: cash, check money order to: DENNIS MARKS 5711 CAMELLIA AVE., Ste. 209, NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91601

NOTE FROM URIAH: I do not sell this item and make nothing from posting this information here. I have put the info in this post because of those asking for it and PM'ng me for info on how to get it.

Uriah
What confessions can you make when your Supermind stands awake - UF
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Does anybody know what happened to this one?
TJ
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
FYI:

Dennis Marks passed away about a month ago.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
WOW! He must have been an amazing individual! Sorry to hear this news.
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
That is sad
Obviously a great loss to the magic community
TJ
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2004-02-03 22:46, adolphus wrote:
You have to order it direct from Dennis. As Uriah says, it uses some scaled down card moves, which is why I haven't investigated it quite yet. But it is said to be pretty effective for those who get it down.

News flash, Dennis Marks passed away last month...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dennis Marks One-on-One- In-Their-Hands, Reading System (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL