The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 5 year old shoots baby (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
:no:

RIP little baby... Smile

"only the dead go free" quote Pink Floyd

Still, such a loss... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

RIP little baby... Smile

All things comes to pass. If the family believes in any afterlife, then they surely will be happy (that is the reason for believing in such things). Sad at the moment but surely happy in the long term.

Some even believe it's part of some grand plan 'if that is what they believe, again only happiness "long term" should be achieved.

However if like me, there is nothing afterward and life is not a rehearsal, it is absolutely a tragic event. The possibility of the child fulfilling a full lifetime has been extinguished by a silly cultural right and stupidity of all adults involved.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

RIP little baby... Smile

All things comes to pass. If the family believes in any afterlife, then they surely will be happy (that is the reason for believing in such things). Sad at the moment but surely happy in the long term.

Some even believe it's part of some grand plan 'if that is what they believe, again only happiness "long term" should be achieved.

However if like me, there is nothing afterward and life is not a rehearsal, it is absolutely a tragic event. The possibility of the child fulfilling a full lifetime has been extinguished by a silly cultural right and stupidity of all adults involved.

Ian. You truly are a sick, sick man. Your comments are absolutely disgusting. I will ignore you from here on and I ask you to never engage me in future. You are a vile human being.
To suggest that the family is happy about this tragedy to further your agenda on religion is in poor taste.
I pity you. Your immorality and lack of integrity harms your argument more than supports it.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Sorry magicfish, I didn't know I was responding to you at all.
I was talking to Pakar and agreeing that it is tragic. I didn't say that the family was happy about the event. I do think that they will find comfort in their beliefs.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I don't recall anything in the article about the family's religious beliefs. But like I said earlier, this is a good example of why I wouldn't want you on my side if I were an atheist. Those kind of comments are exactly the kind that give atheism a bad name.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
I guessed that as over 80% of Americans believe in god and therefore in heaven, then there is some relief for the family. As an atheist I cannot reflect from experience and can only contemplate the satisfaction their belief would have or offer. That is all I was saying but obviously not in a way which you like.

My post is not a sole reason for Americans to dislike atheist, they just don’t like anyone that isn’t like themselves. especially free thinkers and open minded people.

refer http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-......atheists
except

This finding comes as no surprise. Social science has long revealed high rates of secularphobia – the irrational dislike, distrust, fear, or hatred of nonreligious people – within American society. For example, a study by Penny Edgell of the University of Minnesota, from back in 2006, found that atheists come in last place when Americans are asked to rank members of certain racial, ethnic, or religious groups as potential spouses for their kids. And a Gallup poll from 2012 found that 43 pecent of Americans said that they would not vote for an atheist for president, putting atheists in last/worst place, behind Muslims (40 percent of Americans said they wouldn’t vote for a Muslim for president), homosexuals (30 percent wouldn’t), Mormons (18 percent wouldn’t), Latinos (7 percent wouldn’t), Jews (6 percent wouldn’t), Catholics (5 percent wouldn’t), women (5 percent wouldn’t) and African Americans (4 percent wouldn’t).

Phelp did the same for your lot, so don't point fingers.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
This was an unimaginable tragedy but I don't think the parents should be charged.

There is no penalty that the law could impose that could compare to what they are already going through.

The remaining children are going to need both parents to get through this, if that's even possible.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Ian, you really are a one-trick pony, aren't you?
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Here's a question - Assuming they want to after this, should the parents be allowed to own a gun?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:

Here's a question - Assuming they want to after this, should the parents be allowed to own a gun?

Why would that even be an issue? Why should the parents lose a right because of what the grandfather did?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, stoneunhinged wrote:
Ian, you really are a one-trick pony, aren't you?

Worse yet...it's 3 rows of 7!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Sad. More sad than an adult.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
The believers in this forum have been no less insistent on their point of view.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Of course the parents should be charged. No one else is responsible for their babies death but them. It is difficult to find sympathy for this level of stupidity and neglect.

Actually, it's gonna be the gun owner who foots the responsibility, not the parents. As it should be. Negligent gun owner.

Thanks for pointing that out. It is information that is new to me. However my point stands; whoever left an unsecured gun in the presence of a child should be charged. Then jailed if convicted. As a grandfather he has raised one generation and been involved with a second generation of children. So he has no excuse for such stupidity and negligence. It is an unimaginable loss for a family, and completely preventable.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/22/2-y......testnews

Two year old finds gun in glove compartment, shoots himself.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31082294
three year old shoots mum and dad. Thanks goodness they aren't dead. What the!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 5 year old shoots baby (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL