The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What do I need to get, Help Please? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
I am new to coin work but I am working on a routine and for one part of the routine I want to place what looks like 2 quarters on my hand but they must be separate (not a fli**er coin) and when I stack them or so and close my hand when I reopen my hand want it to be one quarter that I can toss up and not fall into 2 pieces if you know what I mean. How would I go about doing this, which gaff or gaffs could I get to accomplish this? I know it can be done with pure sleight but going the gaff rout for this routine.

Thank you,
Derek
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Check out the T.U.C.

I was drawn to this unique gaffed coin because I could toss it back and forth between my hands.

This led to an entire book of effects "T.U.C. Appreciation."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Not to dismiss the T.U.C., but if your spectators are quite close there may be a problem with a visual discrepancy - keep the specs looking down at them. A spl*t coin could also work, but it has the same issue/limitation.

While not quite as versatile, a m*gn*tic coin and sh*mm*d ] could work as well, and doesn't present the issue noted above.

Finally, if the two coins don't absolutely have to be _seen_ in the hand, a cl*ck pass can be quite convincing.
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
294 Posts

Profile of mixman
TUC coin.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I agree with inigmntoya on all counts.

As I've gotten deeper in to coin work, I'm not loving the TUC as much as I originally did due to the visual discrepancy discussed above. But the recommendation is solid for what your trying to accomplish.

I, however would do this with a m*gn*tic coin and sh*mm*d ] like he suggested if this is all you need.

I have an OxF from Schoolcraft which is a ] over a fli**er but it has some m*gn*tic properties so once nested, you can toss it without the fear of unnesting.

Granted this is more than what you need and are asking for but it has become my go-to coin for various needs. It allows you to produce and vanish UP TO three coins from one...you can toss it once nested...and you don't even have to use the fli**er if you don't want to as you can just show the two coins before nesting per your need above. Again, more than what you need but there you have it!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Having answered the OP question the desired end result can probably be accomplished without a gaff at all.

Need more info on exactly what you are attempting, though.

For example, two quarters on the left palm and right hand empty. Left hand closed into a fist. Shake or other magic motion.

Open left hand to reveal only one coin. Toss back and forth -- then hand to spectator! Both hands clearly empty.

Spectator tossed coin back to you. Close hand then open to reveal two coins.

No gaffs. Borrowed coins, Completely surrounded.

I love the TUC for somethings, but why use a gaff when sleights can serve?
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What do I need to get, Help Please? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL