The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mark Masons, Badger (Wallet) by Tony Miller (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
FlyingLizardIXXI
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of FlyingLizardIXXI
I'm fairly new to the card wallet world. Just studied various Café threads about wallets for 2-3 hours...so many choices!
I have a couple of other wallets (for coins) from Tony Miller - love them. I'm also a Mark Mason fan so this was a no brainer for me (after some reading to learn about palm vs no palm, etc.) Just ordered one! Hope it arrives YESTERDAY! If nothing else, (since I'm a rookie) when it arrives I can comment on "build quality". Note to Mr. Miller: I am painfully familiar with difficult health issues. I wish you well sir.
bobgill
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of bobgill
The good news is that Mark Mason has resuscitated The Badger from its cull.

The better news is that he's kept the special feature of the leather used in the manufacture.

The even better news is that it looks fabulous.

The even-better-than-that news is that he's replaced the original's LePaul palm CTW feature with a Kaps mechanism.

Hats in the air! All's right with the world. I've ordered mine.

BUT - there's always a 'but' with magic wallets - from the demo (I haven't seen it in the flesh yet) I don't see it as an everyday wallet - no area for bills - unless you keep them in the Kaps compartment - so maybe a missed opportunity to make THE perfect magic wallet. We'll see.

But then Tony has always insisted that all all-in-one/multi-purpose wallets contain an element of compromise, and that we should choose the best tool for specific jobs. (He's a salesman of wallets, so maybe he would say that!)

Having tried all the multi-purpose wallets, I've never found THE ONE. So my conclusion is to get a Mullica, and replace the outer wallet with an everyday wallet that you turn into a Kaps wallet. That way, you have the wallet you want to use every day, and it has two CTWs (palm & no-palm), and a SUC peek - you can use the inner Mullica wallet as a SUC peek, but you knew that already. Or even use that Stealth Assassin you happen to have hanging around unused as the Mullica.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Placed an order for the Badger. Just got an email from Mark Mason today, refunding my money and advising that the wallet will be out of stock for two months. :-(
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2015, rosariorose9 wrote:
Placed an order for the Badger. Just got an email from Mark Mason today, refunding my money and advising that the wallet will be out of stock for two months. :-(

Rosario, don't give up! In my opinion this wallet is worth it. Try Tony Miller's website ( www.rfaproductions.com ) and also check Nate Kranzo's website ( www.kranzomagic.com ). The Badger is often sold there too.

The reason it's out of stock is probably because the leather is difficult to find.

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Www.Kranzomagic.myshopify.com

Try the above link for Kranzo.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Thanks so much for taking the time to post those links for me, J-Mac. Much appreciated! Unfortunately, neither source has the wallet in stock....BUT, I may have found a source! Fingers crossed. And no, I NEVER give up. Smile
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Well, J-Mac, I got it! Put a bid on a new one on eBay and won. Yeah!!! Should have it by next week. Thanks again for your input.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Finally received it, and it IS lovely. Not sure that it will be my new 'go to' wallet, though. Will play with it a bit more, but will probably stick with my JOL Small Plus Wallet...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, rosariorose9 wrote:
Finally received it, and it IS lovely. Not sure that it will be my new 'go to' wallet, though. Will play with it a bit more, but will probably stick with my JOL Small Plus Wallet...

rosario,

Since you purchased it on eBay, did the seller also send you the PDF book and/or links to videos that came with the original? If not, since you tried so earnestly to purchase the wallet from Tony's site and other magic sites and found it out of stock everywhere, contact Tony Miller and he might give you links to all of them.

Jim
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Thanks for following up on this, J-Mac. Yes, he sent me the links to the four (maybe five?) videos. I think he actually has a brick and mortar magic store in San Francisco. By the way, I believe this seller has few of these wallets that he's selling on eBay. They are new, in the box, with the RFA Productions 'card', and the website link. I got mine for $90, with free shipping. Thanks again.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
I knew this was popular, but I didn't know it was THIS popular! Smile

Click here to view attached image.
mjanes
View Profile
New user
Gig Harbor, WA
66 Posts

Profile of mjanes
I purchased two of these and carefully examined them. They are, indeed, beautifully crafted with premium quality leather and unmistakable care.
But I plan to sell these in favor of the original size Rolf's billfold, employing Eugene Burger's extraordinarily entertaining handling.
After hours of research, practice and considered reflection, I came to two conclusions: one general, the second individual.
First --- my wife reminds me that I have "a keen grasp of the obvious" --- choice of wallet for CTW, as with choice of Linking Rings, a set of cups, deck of cards, faux egg, etc., is appropriately a personal choice. What's best for me may be less than optimal for your use.

Second, I find the Badger too small, however lovely the leather and design. Standard US currency bills do not fit it naturally. For me, alignment of a card for the final setup prior to reveal is a bit fumbly, compared with the original Mullica (Rolf's model). The Badger is not a favorable choice for everyday wallet for me.

But it's a beauty: well-crafted, appealing design.

Each to one's own...
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
It IS a beautiful wallet, and for a no palm effect I might very well use it...but for my (palming) purposes, I'll stick with my JOL. The loading in the latter is SO easy, it pretty much does all of the 'work' for you, and it has plenty of room for bills, etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mark Masons, Badger (Wallet) by Tony Miller (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL