The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best valentine's tricks (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AAAL
View Profile
Regular user
Venezuela
112 Posts

Profile of AAAL
So, February 14th is coming up and I was wondering what do you think are the best tricks and routines for this date? Any suggestions?
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
The most obvious answer is Anniversary Waltz. Also torn and restored effects, Brother John Hamman's twins....a variety of others. I have a romantic script for Samoya that works perfectly that I'll be debuting tonight.
AAAL
View Profile
Regular user
Venezuela
112 Posts

Profile of AAAL
Brother John Hamman's twins is a great routine
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Here's something for a Valentine's Day Table Hopper trick you won't find on the Magic Café Forum - but you have to do some kitchen work. The basic trick is Dimitri's "Ring in Kinder Egg" found on the Magic Nook in the Magic of Dimitri section, but instead of using a Kinder Egg (hollow chocolate egg) use a hollow chocolate heart. If you can't find any hollow chocolate hearts locally available, that's where the kitchen work comes in. Google "how to mold hollow chocolate hearts" and you will find directions for making your own hollow candies, including chocolate hearts. You might not have time for this Valentine's Day if you are just starting out, but keep this in mind for other holidays, such as hollow chocolate Santas and Christmas Trees, hollow Stars, and even your own hollow chocolate Easter eggs. It's fun and easy and finger-licking good!
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
That's Amore ebook...

Contents:

This is an entire booklet of close up effects specifically created for that
"special" couple.

How many times have you approached a table where there is an anniversary, proposal, or some other "lovey-dovey" event? Now you will be ready to perform close up magic with a romantic touch that is perfect for such an occasion. Here is a collection of special effects JUST for that moment. Ring productions, flower productions, coin effects, card effects, tricks with lockets, candy, flash paper, dollar bills, and more!

These are the things that will make them remember you for a long time since it all seems so special just for them. Believe me, when the occasion arises and you do one or more of these effects, you can't miss!!! Here is a sneak peak at the table of contents...

Intro
An Element of Pride and Joy- Reed McClintock
Catch and Kiss - Sean-Dylan Reidweg
Haunted Key 2 - Keven Williams
Two Hearts That Burn As One - Keven Williams
Heartburn - Nathan Kranzo
Heart Shaped Flash - Nathan Kranzo
Heart Wrenching Coincidence - Keven Williams
Ring(a) - Tomas Blomberg
Relic - Nathan Kranzo
Ring of Fire - Nathan Kranzo
She Loves Me Not - Marcelo Contento
Signature Waltz - Keven Williams
Two Coins in Love - Nathan Kranzo
Two in the heart, One in the Locket - Keven Williams
When Coins Collide - Keven Williams
I'm With Him - Luke Dancy
Danke - Nathan Kranzo
Cut Myself On Angel's Hair and Baby’s Breath - Steve Mayhew
Diamond-wing - Gregory Wilson
Additional Thoughts
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Interrupt me on a Valentine Night's Date in a restaurant and I wouldn't be happy.

Definitely a night of sweet nothings between a couple, not card tricks.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, themagiciansapprentice wrote:
Interrupt me on a Valentine Night's Date in a restaurant and I wouldn't be happy.

Definitely a night of sweet nothings between a couple, not card tricks.

HAHAHA! ........"GET OFF MY LAWN, DA*N KIDS! Playing your Hippty Hoppity Music!"

In all seriousness...FIRE WALLET! While Elvis's Burning Love is played in the backgound. Smile
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
AAAL
View Profile
Regular user
Venezuela
112 Posts

Profile of AAAL
Wow thanks for all the information guys Smile
Gordon the discombobulator
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gordon the discombobulator
Gemini twins where the king finds his queen and the queen finds her king.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, Gordon the discombobulator wrote:

Who's version is that? And where can I find more on it?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Deep 3 by Bro Gilbert always goes over well.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I like Twilight Angels.

Dan Harlan has a nice one with paper tissue hearts (T&R) on his "restoring paper" download on his Tarbell series.
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
I have a routine published in Tom Dobrowolski's lecture notes "The Expert at the Breakfast Table". It is called "I Heart (the heart symbol) U". Nice story, ends with a give away, and involves your business card. Business card must have a blank side. So, cards with printing on both sides wouldn't be good for this.
Tom is a member here so you can PM him for more info.
Patrick
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, Gordon the discombobulator wrote:

Who's version is that? And where can I find more on it?

Just a standard Gemini twins with the two red kings and queens. I use a pack of Jokers for all the other cards.
"out of all the jokers in the world you picked each other"
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

One small point to note about Valentines night.... not everyone will be all loved up.
A group of singles (girls, or boys) having a night out may not want to be reminded of the fact they are singles on Valentine's night.
AAAL
View Profile
Regular user
Venezuela
112 Posts

Profile of AAAL
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2015, Gordon the discombobulator wrote:
One small point to note about Valentines night.... not everyone will be all loved up.
A group of singles (girls, or boys) having a night out may not want to be reminded of the fact they are singles on Valentine's night.

i think it all depends on the kind of tricks apresentation, I've never had this problem because of the way I approach them, I don't start with the "valentine's magic" until I know who I'm performing for, and only then I will decide what kind of trick will I pull out of my sleeve, but I'm not improvising because I have different sets for different spectators.
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew

The answers to life right here.

But if you were to ask me, I would go with Anniversary Waltz anytime. I wish someone would do this for me and my girlfriend.
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2015, patrick flanagan wrote:
I have a routine published in Tom Dobrowolski's lecture notes "The Expert at the Breakfast Table". It is called "I Heart (the heart symbol) U". Nice story, ends with a give away, and involves your business card. Business card must have a blank side. So, cards with printing on both sides wouldn't be good for this.
Tom is a member here so you can PM him for more info.
Patrick

This is a wonderful routine by Patrick! It honestly should become the standard for these types of tricks.
Ollie
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Ollie
French kiss
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best valentine's tricks (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL