The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Making ouija board (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

colinj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of colinj
Hello

I am interested in making my own ouija board and am wondering if there is a particular type of wood that looks best? and the same for the, how light do they need to be?

thanks
Colin
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Hi Colin,

You might be interested in this:

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/gold......ard.html
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
364 Posts

Profile of Mr Timothy Gray
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2015, colinj wrote:
Hello

I am interested in making my own ouija board and am wondering if there is a particular type of wood that looks best? and the same for the, how light do they need to be?

thanks
Colin

Colin,

There are plenty members here who have made their own ouija boards & will be happy to help you. What do you mean by 'light'? The weight? It can be as light or heavy as you want. There are no rules or regulations. Whatever suits you & your imagination.

Let your imagination run wild. You're sure to come up with something fantastic!
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
colinj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of colinj
Yes I am very interested in that but until I am confident that the routine I am working on is something that will actually fit with my performing style I am hesitant to spend the money. I have no doubt that it is worth every penny and I have the Luna books so I know what the standard of quality is from Outlaw but I want to know that I can mesh myself with the spooky nature of the board.

I would like something that looks a little more 'authentic' that a hasbro board but am still a ways away from being confident enough in my idea to take the plunge on a darkboard. It is on my wish list though.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
One of my associates makes an un-gaffed engraved full size board. I think it may be around $125? But its solid wood and engraved and aged.

You might check out e b a y they have a lot of nice one off boards.

Making your own would be special though Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
colinj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of colinj
Colin,

There are plenty members here who have made their own ouija boards & will be happy to help you. What do you mean by 'light'? The weight? It can be as light or heavy as you want. There are no rules or regulations. Whatever suits you & your imagination.

Let your imagination run wild. You're sure to come up with something fantastic! [/quote]

Yes I was meaning weight. For the board I figured some kind of plywood with an edging around it would be fine but was not sure about what to use for the planchette and how much difference the weight of the wood makes as far as ease of movement goes.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2015, colinj wrote:
I would like something that looks a little more 'authentic' that a hasbro board but am still a ways away from being confident enough in my idea to take the plunge on a darkboard. It is on my wish list though.

The Hasbro board is about as authentic a talking board as you can find.
It is based on one of the Fuld designs.

Take a look around this site.
http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/index.html
colinj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of colinj
Thank you I'll take a good look around the museum of talking board.

I realize that authentic may have been the wrong word, even in quotation marks. I guess what I am really wanting to do is make my own board and learn a bit about ageing effects in the process so that I end up with something that looks used and old and even though the Hasbro one does have a truly authentic look to it when it comes down to it I am wanting an old looking prop so authentic was a poor choice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Making ouija board (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL