The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Corey King's King Rising (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi Tom,
if you print a large card large enough to cover the front hole "how to fly" apparently with instructions on. then you can step in the box, get into the required position then bend and pick up the instructions, Floating as you read. the instructions blocking the front view hide the required preperation.
sorry for the vaugness but I do not want the post deleted for exposure.
Phillip
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
I like that idea, PB. You posted that in the KR Forum at ellusionist, right?

"Actually I figured it out, and showed it to one of my magic friends (I thought I made it up), he said that, "HEY! That's the King Rising!" SO technically, I didn't steal it."

That's interesting...so basically you figured it out, showed your friend who told you it was King Rising, so because he told you it was King Rising it's not stealing? Am I not understanding something?

-Corey
Corey King
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi Corey,
Yes I did post it at the Ellusionist forum too.

I assume the second part of your email was to
Josh L .... YES!
Phillip
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
About the Balducci being exposed, I thought it was hilarious that the day after David Blaine's special came on, my uncle saw Shari Lewis teach the Balducci on Lampchop's Playalong. If there was ever solid evidence for showmanship really adding to an effect, I guess that would be it. I know a lot of people say Blaine "cheated", (It's been so long since I saw it, I wouldn't know) but I've got to hand it to him, he took a very simple, very old effect and made it look really good. The ripples went out all through the magic world, and I still don't think we've recovered from it.
Smile
knave
View Profile
New user
UK Newcastle
72 Posts

Profile of knave
Never mind exposure, I think we need to know why your uncle was watching Lamb Chop's Play along.

Dave
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
Well, he's only my half-uncle for one thing. Plus, he's pretty strange. He met a girl on the internet and moved all the way out to California (from Alabama) just so he could see her all the time. Now he has returned - with her! He's been known to do all kinds of crazy stuff. He signed up for the military and somehow weaseled his way out of it. He got a pilot's license and then decided to drop airplane-flying altogether. He's just quirky. I would almost not be surprised to see him watching Lamb Chop's Play - along now, and he's about 20 years old. But if it hadn't been for him, my brother and me wouldn't have realized just how silly all the hype about David Blaine's self-levitation was.
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Quote:
On 2002-08-29 11:48, serling307 wrote:
Well, he's only my half-uncle for one thing...

Perhaps your "Sawing My Uncle in Half" routine needs more practice! Smile
shane
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of shane
Anyone interested in doing the levitation as Blaine did should check out Brent Braun's website http://www.braunmagic.com He has the details of his "Blaine-Ducci Levitation" its funny to read and very clever.
Shane
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I have bought King Rising. While I find it interesting, it's not too practical in Dallas in the summer, as the required prop would look very unnatural on me this time of year.

But having said that, it would be great at, say, a party situation where no one is expecting a trick. Tell 'em you want to test something out and need folks to observe - or something along those lines - which is different than the recommended version.

While I feel it is limited, it is still a potentially powerful effect.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
The Kings Rising is awesome. Some people just don't give it the time and practice it deserves. As for the guy who said "Actually I figured it out, and showed it to one of my magic friends (I thought I made it up), he said that, "HEY! That's the King Rising!" SO technically, I didn't steal it." Think bfore you speak. It is better to be thought of stupid than to open your mouth and prove it. Just wanted to
share Smile

Jakks
Link
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Link
I own it and I love it! if tou didn't see it there is a big thing about this trick and a guy said to try it in a box and have a small hole in the side so they can see your feet. He also said this is not a tip for inpromptu lovers! Smile

Sorry about 2 posts in a row but I have a Problem! I own king and my foot farthest from the audience looks wierd and it gives away the trick. Please PM me!Cause I know if that foot looks better this could be a great trick! Smile
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Guys,

I advise you to go to the KR Forum and discuss this, as opposed to here on the Cafe.

-Corey
Corey King
Link
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Link
I have troble doing this inpromptu please PM me and help! Smile
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Yes, please move it on over to the Kings Rising forum. Giving away a bit too much.

Jakks
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
I don't really like King Rising. I think the angles are not very great and it's also pretty hard to balance. The set-up is also a drawback. I would prefer the Balducci because you can just do it. No set-up. But if you do the Balducci and someone figure it out, then King Rising would be nice because of the completely different angles.
SVG84R
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of SVG84R
personally KR looks more convincing than the other lev around,of course that is, if it is performed correctly.yeah the angles are a bit bad,but still managable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Corey King's King Rising (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL