The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Your favorite give away "Gifts"... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
A signed card
A pearl Poodle
Stargazer band
Side-swiped (for special people)
A cheap paddle with bunny on on side and their sig. on other
My business card after being used in an effect - BONUS!
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Quote:
On 2005-06-27 16:20, James Munton wrote:
A Million Dollar Bill with my contact info printed on the back.
People keep them in their wallets for years - I know because they've shown me years later!

Oh and you can get them here:
http://www.magicsells.com

The best thing is when someone says, "Can you make a million dollars appear?"
Then I do a bill switch using a TT and let them keep the million dollar bill. Doesn't get much stronger than that!

Otherwise, I just give them a million dollars at the end of my performance and tell them not to spend it all at once!

Cheers,
James

$10 for a sheet of paper with 4 of your million dollar bills on it and you still have to cut them out and trim them yourself? Egads.
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Mike,

The single sheet is just a sampler if people want to check the quality before ordering a box. And you can order them individually trimmed with your contact info printed on them if you just want to use them as business cards.

However, most magicians prefer the sheets of blank backed bills so they can customize them for the group they are working for. This definitely gets noticed (especially if you are working for corporate audiences) and increases the likelihood of you getting repeat bookings and referrals. It just takes a few moments to print out a few pages, line them all up in a paper cutter, slice slice, and put them in your wallet all ready to go!

Also, people tend to buy a box at a time in which case the bills work out at $0.21 each. A very good price for a customized give-away item with your contact information that people will keep in their wallets AND show their friends. That $0.21 give-away can lead to an awful lot of extra business. And a single show should easily pay for a box.

As for other ideas. an earlier post mentioned Eric Henning's excellent routine with the fortune telling fish - they ARE the perfect size for slipping in a business card. (Hi there Eric, I heard MagiWhirl was a great success!)

If you are giving out a signed playing card, why not put it in one of those clear baseball card protectors with your business card. They are more likely to keep it.

Otherwise, you can keep a sheet of Avery labels with your information on them in your pocket and stick a label on the card you give out.

Of course, it all depends on the type of gigs you do and whether your goal is to increase repeat bookings and get lots of new business which is kinda what I assumed by the original post.

If not, and you just want to be lovely and leave something nice, the Mini Pearl and the Dime-in Ring are most excellent.

By the way, in one of the Klutz books, there is a fantastic method for folding a dollar bill with a dime in it to make a "dime-in" ring. I make one and put it in my back pocket. I borrow a dollar bill and a dime from someone and tell them I can do origami behind my back.

I make some faces and pretend to do something very difficult, while really dropping the borrowed bill and dime in my pocket and retrieving the pre-made ring. I bring it out and present the dime-in ring in a very self-effacing "it was nothing" kind of way!

Best,
James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Your favorite give away "Gifts"... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL