The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hollywood Hypocricy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
The premise of the thread is hilarious. When entertainers put on a broadcast to talk about how awesome they are, what do you expect?

Award shows are revolting displays of Narcissistic self-congratulation, mobilized as advertisement. Every time you watch an award show, a tiny bit of your soul shrivels up and blows away.

I'm clearly biased because I work in the industry, but I'm curious if you feel this way about awards shows that aren't industry related? A sales organization celebrating the milestones of its workers, for instance. Or the Academy of Magical Arts' annual awards show. Are those narcissistic as well?

Andrew, you, in the industry, do you feel that Joan Rivers was slighted with so little coverage in the awards? Did she slight the wrong people? I mean she was a fixture for years, then passes and hardly any mention. just looking for an opinion from someone in the industry.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I have no idea how they choose how goes into those in memoriam segments. She certainly wasn't known for her work in the movies, so from that angle it makes sense. However she was a red carpet fixture and coined the phrase "who are you wearing?" so why she WOULDN'T be included is a mystery. I feel like every year people are mad that one person was included while another person wasn't. I wasn't a Joan fan so to me it didn't make a difference, but I did find it odd that she wasn't mentioned more.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think its a good show anyhow.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hollywood Hypocricy? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL