The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Max T. Oz Three Disk Monte Routine (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Thought everyone would enjoy seeing Max T. Oz displaying his 3 Disk Monte routine
I enjoy all of his creative routines. He is a very entertaining magician!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlgo3wf4ALo
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Very nice. I had never seen a Disk Monte before. Didn't realise that a lot of the moves were simlar to the Three Card Monte.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Very nice! The disks are a wonderful change from the cards,
benhart
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of benhart
And they don't blow away if you are outside, like cards can. I personally like the disk much better than cards.

Hey Al, those disk look like the ones you make. Just like one of my sets from you. They are the best. Love them!

Max T. Oz very good.
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Al's disks are perfect/fantastic (as is his service). Smile

Max
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Here is another version of Max with the 3 Disk Monte on YouTub. He has some added cool moves in this one.

Great job Max!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-HGOOpK03Q
Kuzushi
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Kuzushi
Well executed and a great option for doing monte. Especially since -- as benhart pointed out -- they won't blow away in windy conditions etc.
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Thank you for the kind comments gents Smile

I got the 3" disks from Al at magicswindles.com and couldn't be more happy.

The disks have opened up a whole slew of possibilities that I'm working on now. Hopefully I'll get some outdoor vid footage in the warmer weather to post Smile

Max
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Al:

Do you know if any 3 disk monte instructional DVD's are in the works by anyone?
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
The only one I know that is out there now is Nickolas Johnson, from Australia. I don't know much about it, as I don't have it.

One that I do have was sold by magicalsleight.com. It is done pretty well and is called Disk The Real Street Monte”.
But from what I heard their not selling them anymore. I don't know why they don't, as the hard part is
already done. All they have to do is duplicate their master to make more. You never know that could change.

If you know how to do 3 Card Monte you can make the adjustments to use the disk. It really is not that much different than the cards.
Sure you might see some different moves from one to another, but that is the same with the Card Monte.

I had planned on making a 3 Disk Monte handling video to give it free like with the shell handling videos in making a purchase. But I hurt my hand on a machine in the shop and it took a long time to heal and put it off

Finding the time to make them is the biggest problem now and most the time my hands are covered with color pigments and resins from making shells. This is why I don't perform anymore, as working in the shop all the time and performing does not work. As everything you see on both of my sites, I make myself. I don't sub out anything.

I am not really into the video business. When I do make videos, it is a one man show making them.
If I had others to help make them, it would then cost to make them and don't really want to get into making of selling videos,

From watching Max he should make a 3 Disk Monte handling video!
I would be happy to share any of my moves to pass on to him.

I think Max handles the disk just as good as or better than the guys on the street.
Even better, he is a magician with good sleights of hand skills.
Herb Everest
View Profile
New user
England
8 Posts

Profile of Herb Everest
Hi Guys, I see the topic of "Do you know if any 3 disk monte instructional DVD's are in the works by anyone?" I purchase the 3 Disc Monte, methods moves & more for the magician by Max T Oz (https://www.lybrary.com/3-disk-monte-p-922138.html) $15 (about £10 here in England) Hope this helps.
But if anyone knows of any other 'instructionals'I would really appreciate the nudge, I have tried slowing down YouTube videos without success, meanwhile as I see has already been suggested:-("From watching Max he should make a 3 Disk Monte handling video!").... Max is there any chance if we ask really really nicely... Dare I suggest even a basic online video with the move at normal speed, followed by a slowed down version, without verbal commentary would soon fly off the shelf..,,,,,,, Wishing Everyone Smiley Days and Magic Nights. Herb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Max T. Oz Three Disk Monte Routine (9 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL