The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Feel N' Seal by Peter Eggink (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2015, Harriss11 wrote:
I ordered my feel n' seal off eBay last Friday. I pleasantly received mine this morning and couldn't wait to get straight into it and see what genius awaited me. I am a big fan of Peter's work and respect him as a magician, however I wasn't so sure about this effect.
First impressions were good, I was a little surprised at how much material is necessary in order to complete the gimmick, although it is all stored very well and is all good quality. The main feel n' seal gimmick is well made and appears to be strong and you can put your trust in it as far as durability and usage is concerned.
However once I actually sat down and very carefully read instruction after instruction on the DVD, it become apparent that not only will you require another pair of hands to help you with the initial set up of the gimmick, but you will need to make other purchases and have specific items lying around that you can use. For £30, I would expect to receive ALL the equipment needed to execute this trick as best as possible.
With that in mind however, most of the DVD was well filmed and the quality was good, but on some of the most crucial moves needed when assembling the gimmick, the angles were a little hard to follow and I found myself having to rewind a number of times just to get a glimpse at what was really important. There is no spoken instructions in the tutorial, only subtitles. This isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned, however those who benefit from auditory teaching may want to think elsewhere as certain steps could have been demonstrated a little more concisely and with more detail.

I wont go into depth surrounding the actual effect itself and how the gimmick functions, but I can honestly say it is very clever and Peter has put some significant amount of time into developing his ideas.
Overall, I would recommend this effect as the price is reasonable, although if your not a fan of a complicated set-up process, time consuming gimmicks and subtitles DVD's, then by all means go ahead an purchase this.

Thanks

I got a copy and I have to agree with pretty much everything hariss wrote. Though, I did not like how the instructions were without audio. There is some work to set this up. I am not an arts and crafts person so I don't know if I will ever set this up. But I think if you take the time to do so that the reward will be worth it. After the gimmick is made the effect is pretty easy to perform.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
harriss11
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of harriss11
I completely agree with RNK. Overall once you have mastered the basic principals of the effect, it is a very fun and reliable trick to perform Smile
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Feel N'Seal is an effect from Peter Eggink in which a previously opened pack of cards, visually re-seals and is encased in cellophane, a brand new pack of cards.

The method for Feel N'Seal is really clever, and it was fascinating watching the workings of the gimmick for the first time. You get supplies in the DVD to construct your gimmick with your own deck of cards. It takes 5-10 minutes to construct your gimmick and should last for ages, if not forever. One element besides the card box will need to be replaced once in a blue moon with constant use, but you are supplied with it in the DVD.

The routine taught on the DVD is cool, but I believe you should adapt this into your routine as a closer instead of a one effect sort of thing. Without giving too much away, you do need to switch out the regular box to the gimmicked box during the performance, so you can preform the 're-seal', but this isn't even remotely hard as no heat is ever on the box until the moment of magic anyway.

You are also taught an awesome variation in which a full pack of cards visually vanishes inside the box leaving only the spectators selected and signed card! I thought this was pretty awesome and usable too! This isn't a filler routine, this is very strong!

The visual for the 're-seal' looks brilliant, and it doesn't even need much cover at all, as it is so quick. I started just shaking the box and it visually reveals, which looks pretty flippin' awesome! The moment where the deck seals again can be done by the spectator, where they cover and rub the box and it suddenly 're-seals' - which I think s really powerful (this is covered on the DVD).

The DVD is well produced and Peter Eggink teaches the effect in detail, with bonus handlings and tips. No issues here.

Feel N'Seal is awesome! I will be using it for sure! I really cannot find any faults in this product. What you see is what you get - and what you get is an awesome visual effect that is strong enough to close your entire set, in my opinion. I highly recommend this product! 10/10
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Just ordered this, Magic Warehouse has it for $4.99 but looks like it only comes in Blue. Great deal!!!!
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
$4.99? Wow that is a great deal whatever the color. I bought it when it first came out, for a lot more, and will admit there is a lot of construction needed for this- which I normally like- but for some reason I had some difficulty with. When I finally finished it looked and worked great, but then broke on me after about 10 performances. Got frustrated and put it away. Im going to take this back out and re-do the gimmick, as it is james bond-like. I would have paid more for a ready-to-go box. I hope in the future gimmicks like this (and "unboxing", etc) come with 2 options- ready-to-go(for more $$$) or you put it together(for less $$$)
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I remember getting some dvd's on sale at the magic warehouse a while back for 99 cents!!! Maybe not the greatest effects, but 99 cents? I thought it was a mistake when I first saw that.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Less than $9 with postage for this - very good deal here !
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
Is this something that could be used to get a signed card to a sealed card box?
mellanp
View Profile
New user
Scranton, Pa.
59 Posts

Profile of mellanp
No!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Feel N' Seal by Peter Eggink (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL