The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Kenton's Mystery Dial? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
Does this dial look actually like something you'd find in the real world?

"A watch face is shown encased in a chrome pillbox. While the performer's back is turned, a spectator sets the dial to any hour at all.

The performer makes comment as to the spectator's choices while his back is turned, until the spectator settles on a secret hour.

The spectator puts on the lid of the box to seal it closed. The performer has all examine the box carefully to be sure there is no way he could see inside. He sets the box on its side so the audience can even check the bottom of the box. There really is NO way to see anything inside.

Still, the performer knows the hour chosen - no holding the box in his hand. "
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
I love MAGIC
View Profile
New user
USA
12 Posts

Profile of I love MAGIC
I'm not sure. I have never heard of this trick. What dealer is selling it? It sounds like a pretty cool trick. I might be interested in getting it. Anybody else know if this trick is good? Thanks in advance for your replies.
imagealter
View Profile
Regular user
Christopher Griffin
158 Posts

Profile of imagealter
Where can I get more info on this? Sounds great.
CG
Madmonk
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Madmonk
I seen it at Wonder Wizards. Here:http://www.wonderwizards.com/item.php?id=197
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
It looks like a round silver "pill box". The method is unique. The only problem I found is when you initially get it you (or at least I did) have to almost pry the top off. Man is it on tight!
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
David,

Does the "pill box" with a one-hand hour dial inside look like anything you could rationalize to people?

But the price is right, and I like sneaky, clever methods Smile.

Cassidy has dressed up some of those "divination magic toys" like Die-cypher & Super Sight. But I wonder if I could really "dress this one up" & find a use for it? Maybe the dial numbers could be represent something else (like, egads, zodiac symbols or something).
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Kenton's Mystery Dial? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL