The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Werewolf Hunter (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Ottoman Flinstock Pistol circa 1860. The perfect weapon for a vampire/werewolf hunter, the Dhampire or Vampirovitch.

Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
WOW! Very nice!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
It's 76 cm long.
It perfectly fits my Dhampire lecture show. Dhampire ESP, a discussion between an erudite and a pseudo-dhampire.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
That is Friggin Awesome !!!

Me likes weapons ...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
It's more a small musket than a pistol, with silver inlaid.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2015, The Curator wrote:
Ottoman Flinstock Pistol circa 1860. The perfect weapon for a vampire/werewolf hunter, the Dhampire or Vampirovitch.

Sweet
Bob
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
To be a little accurate, the pistol is Turco Mongol (Turkic). In Turco Mongol mythology, Asena the she-wolf is the mother of the Ashina people, half humans half wolves, werewolves. In Tengrism, the supreme God Tengri may sometimes be represented by the Dragon or the Serpent. The weapon is magically protected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashina_(clan)

Quote:
Tengriism is an ancient religion from Central Asia that incorporates elements of shamanism, animism, totemism and ancestor worship. In ancient times, Tengriism was the main belief of Turkic peoples, being the Huns, Xiongu and Bulgars, Hungarians, Siberians and Mongols, those of ancient Altaic origins. It is thought to be one of the oldest religions in the world.
The religion focuses around the sky deity Tengri (Tangra, Tangri, Tanri) and can be considered monotheistic. Tengriists centre their beliefs around reverence for the sky. Khukh and Tengri translated literally mean “blue” and “sky” in Mongolian. Mongolians still pray to Munkh Khukh Tengri (“Eternal Blue Sky”). In modern Turkey, Tengriism is known as the Gök Tanrı (Sky God) religion.
The ancient belief of Tengri comes from the Bronze Age and beyond, there is no solid date to confirm its beginnings. It is one of the only religions to represent a purely philosophical vision rather than religious dogmas, having never caused any wars or sought to convert the world. Tengriism enriches the soul with both endless freedom of human spirit and seamless harmony with the rest of the world and natural environment.
In Europe, Tengriism was the religion of the Huns and of the early Bulgars who brought it to the region. Tengriism is still actively practiced in Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Sakha, Buryatia, Tuva, Mongolia and Turkey, alongside Tibetan Buddhism and Burkhanism...
Erlik is the chief god of the Underworld. He is described as an old man with an athletic built. His eyes and eyebrows are jet black and his parted beard reaches his knees. His moustache is like tusks that curl behind his ears. His horns are like tree roots and his hair curled. Erlik is connected with the worst disasters, epidemics and illnesses of people and cattle. He caused these illnesses to compel man to sacrifice to him. Men feared Erlik, especially when ill and were afraid to use his name, calling him Kara-Name (Something Black) instead. The sons of Erlik helped him rule the Underworld, where there were lakes, rivers and seas. Erlik also had between 2 and 9 daughters, they were described as idle, sexually promiscuous and had a desire to lure Kams (shamans) to their beds, as they descended to the Underworld for ceremonies. Though Erlik is the supreme God of the Underworld, he rarely causes evil. He did not regulate the death of mortals and did not take away their Kut. He only accepted their material bodies after death, their kuts returned to the Sky, after the body was cremated. Malicious spirits, Kermeses, dwelled in the Underworld, and sometimes surfaced at sunset to cause harm...
... There was a system of election of Khagan and during the election, the Beks felt and spoke, that Tengri Himself points to the candidate. A legitimate Khan was looked at as ‘Tengri-like, begotten by Tengri, a wise Türkic Khagan’. Election of Khagan was done with full responsibility. The Khagan (Khan) should be brave, clever, honorable, vigorous, fair, be in all features a real Bozkurt (wolf), be respected by the people and by the nobles. With help of these qualities Khagan unified all subordinated Türkic peoples and clans into a united nation–army, and stood to lead them. Only very energetic Khans knew how to keep under control this force, dangerous for the enemies. Khagan (Khan) had to take care of the people and Motherland. The care consisted not only of feeding and clothing his people; his main task was to raise the greatness of the Türks and the national glory.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Do the projectiles have to be made of silver?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Blessed bullets are working too. Or a charm on the pistol/gun, in this case silver snakes probably acts like a magical charm, don't forget that Tengrism is chamanism.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator

Banishing vampires' in Romania

The superstition about vampires among Slavs, Romanians and Greeks in the Lower Danube countries is still very much alive today, despite all efforts to provide explanations for it. It is immediately aroused when shortly after the death of one family member several others die or fall ill and fade away as well. Believers are then convinced that the first fatality was a vampire, who rises up out of their grave every night to suck life-giving blood out of his or her family members and thereby extend his/her ghostly existence for a while. This belief in vampires is probably one of the most terrible forms of belief in demons and spectres and often leads to the desecration of corpses and the profanation of burial grounds. As soon as the inhabitants of a Romanian village become convinced that a recently deceased person is on the loose as a vampire, they turn to the time-honoured effective method of banishing the ghost. On a moonlit night, a number of plucky men goes to the cemetery and digs up the vampire's corpse. This is not a difficult job because the Romanians only bury their dead two feet under the earth. It is generally assumed that if the corpse is well preserved, this is proof that it is a vampire. The men then drive a metal spike through the breast of the corpse, shoot it several times (see picture on page 324) and then bury it again, believing that the vampire will now be unable to rise up and plague them any longer. Sometimes, they also cut off the corpse's head. But to banish a vampire it is deemed essential that its body be pierced with a stake because it is only this that actually kills the vampire, which goes on living in a body that only outwardly appears to be dead and sucks blood from its relatives to keep that body serviceable.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
There used to be comedian on TV who always close his performance with this good advice: "Never moon a werewolf!"
phil_n
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
28 Posts

Profile of phil_n
Gorgeous piece.
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Thanks Curator!
Your posts continue to be among my favorite on the Café.
The artifact is beautiful and the history lesson is fascinating.
I missed this post the first time - glad I caught the thread when it popped up again.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
All Hail the Curator!
Thank you again!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
In the text, you discover that Vampire Hunting is better on a full moon.
The vampire hunter should be able to calculate the time of full moons with an astronomical compendium like the one at the Surnateum.

He must also protect himself against evil with a Crucifix containing a fragment of the True Cross.

He should be helped by an assistant who carries a vampire hunter pistol, protected from spells.

Who knows everything about vampire lore and where to find them.

No fake props at the Surnateum, ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Werewolf Hunter (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL