The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ulrich-Mind Realities Vol 1 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá

Ulrich Von Etzenbach´s Mind Realities Vol 1 will give you new routines, ideas, techniques and a interesting point of view for your own development as performer.
Learn how to make people fall with your influence (great finesses added), read minds without worries, impromptu and no gimmicks Bank Night and much more!

Some opinions:

This is a great collection of simple, clean and direct mentalism that really packs a punch!
Marc Paul

Ulrich has hit on some great thinking here, the rose effect for me was a stand out effect.... Great stuff well done.
Rus Andrews

Great approach to the "Trust You“!
Anthony Jacquin

More info? Just check the content HERE

All the best!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I had the chance to read this manuscript and as the previous Urlich' works each routine has a very emotional connection with the spectator (my kind of thing!) I LOVE the rose routine Smile
Highly recommended!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Did you purchase this?

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 25, 2015, lucavolpe wrote:
I had the chance to read this manuscript and as the previous Urlich' works each routine has a very emotional connection with the spectator (my kind of thing!) I LOVE the rose routine Smile
Highly recommended!
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Thank you Luca for your opinion!

I really am proud on the material contained in the eBook, so it means a lot to me when professional performers like Luca, Marc or Rus endorses the eBook.

I believe that you, my friends, will benefit from the routines in the eBook.

Ciao!
Ulrich
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2015, insight wrote:
Did you purchase this?

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 25, 2015, lucavolpe wrote:
Highly recommended!

Mike, of course that Luca paid for his copy. He send me a delicious italian pasta.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hey people,

just finished reading Ulrich's eBook for the second time since I received it in a few days. After trying out a few pieces in casual performances and thinking about what I read I feel comfortable giving a review of my impressions. I didn't pay for the book; Ulrich sent it to me to get some feedback on what's within. Mind Realities Vol. 1 is priced at around 20$, which is probably somewhere around a standard price as far as eBooks go by average.

Within the book 6 routines are featured. These range from card mental magic, to a bank night variation, a tarot effect and Ulrich's take on an old suggestion classic, which was my favourite.
Although obviously some routines spoke to me more than others, all the routines included are definetely workers. Seasoned mentalists probably won't find anything groundbreaking here, but will have to recognize that every piece is something practical and tested by the author.

A piece that stood out to me, as I mentioned above, was 'Trust You', which is Ulrich's version of an old suggestion stunt. I've been doing this thing for ages, but Ulrich actually introduced an interesting angle of presenting this of which I hadn't thought before. Lovely thinking and social dynamics at work here, which I appreciate in my suggestion effects.
Of all 6 routines, there was one that I personally didn't like at all from a performance point of view (Kiss from a Rose), but where I found some valuable pieces of advice in the method section nevertheless. This, to me, showed once again that what Ulrich provides are routines that have developed through real-world performance.
This last point is likely also the reason that all of the methods used are practical and to the point. Some are combinations of well-known concepts that compliment each other, some are new, all work. 'Theodore's Revelation' is, for example, a lovely PIN divination based on Ulrich's interpretation of a standard method. His bank night effect on the other hand makes use of a bit of method that I've barely ever seen mentioned before - pretty cool.

The eBook is easily read in one session and Ulrich writes in a pleasant, easily understandble way. It's clear that English isn't his mothertongue (I think German is) but not in a way that would hinder the reading - consider it a literary accent. No typos, well designed eBook.
Also, Ulrich cracked me up when I read the phrase 'You have quite a wonderfull set of hands, would you please open..' somewhere in his eBook, somehow I thought it was incredibly funny. I'll defintely try that one out, soon, maybe in a creepy sort of voice Smile..

If you're interested in what Ulrich von Etzenbach as a new author brings to the table, you can't really go wrong with 'Mind Realities Vol. 1'. You can read effect descriptions at the website. Had I bought it after reading and liking the blurb, I would not have been disappointed as it's all solid material.
To make this, in parting, maybe even more interesting for you let me just mention that one of Ulrich's methodnames includes the word 'Nipple' - so if you've Always wondered just how to includes those nipples in your methods, 'Mind Realities Vol. 1' finally hands you the answer!

All the best from Amsterdam & thanks to Ulrich for sharing this with me - I enjoyed reading your book, mate.

Timon
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Thank you Timon!

Really great and honest review.

P.S. I suggest to not use "you have quite a wonderful set of hands..." line when performing for male audience! Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Why does it matter to not use that line on a male audience?

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, Ulrich wrote:
Thank you Timon!

P.S. I suggest to not use "you have quite a wonderful set of hands..." line when performing for male audience! Smile
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, insight wrote:

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
Thank you Timon!

Because if you are male too, they can easily misinterpret the intentions of this line Mike Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
If so, would females not misinterpret it too? I am just thinking we should accept gender equality as a value in our performance.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, Ulrich wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, insight wrote:

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
Thank you Timon!

Because if you are male too, they can easily misinterpret the intentions of this line Mike Smile
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Dear Mike,

you obviously didn't catch my joke. When I use ":D", I always expect others to take the text before it easy.

Anyways, if you want to go there; this is not a topic of gender equality Mike, this is a topic of decency and gentleman behavior. My mother always taught me to be kind to the women and pay them compliment as often as I can. I never want to let my mother down, so I'm following her suggestions in my life.

Now, imagine to be that kind and warm-hearted and paying so many compliments to a man... this behavior would of course interfere the social habits in our society (at least here in Central Europe)...

Why do you think I don't care about gender equality Mike? I'm just trying to be nice to ladies...

Anyways, wouldn't you rather try to stick to the topic? this is a topic about my ebook, not about gender equality Smile

Thanks!
Ulrich
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
Overall good thinking. Simple methodology mixed with nice presentation. Two things important to me
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2015, Fraser Parker wrote:
Overall good thinking. Simple methodology mixed with nice presentation. Two things important to me

Thank you Fraser,

Hopefully it's not an april fool! Smile

Ulrich
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I wholeheartedly agree with Fraser, I find this lovely little volume a lovely collection of effects suitable for a variety of situations. I'd say the real superpower to this text is that it gives you a set of great simple presentation performance at pieces that is focus on the emotional impact, which I highly dig.

Make sure you check out the rise routine, it's a truly lovely little moment of mentalism.

XX,
-Jakob
Ben_cardall
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Ben_cardall
Great book! really enjoyed it, simple direct and powerful! top job dude!
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Thank you for your opinions Jakob and Ben! Glad you liked the ebook.
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
Thanks to the reviews above I acquired the ebook from lybrary and have not regretted it. I share TimonK's feelings in so far as I do not like all the performances as described (the Rose effect simply is not my style of working) but each effect is well presented, clearly explained and has some interesting bits in.
I particularly like the method for the bank right effect, which is applicable to many more effects that involve selecting papers, cards, envelopes or other such things.
Overall it doeas what the blurb says and is worth the price tag to me.
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2015, m.o.pfeil wrote:
Thanks to the reviews above I acquired the ebook from lybrary and have not regretted it. I share TimonK's feelings in so far as I do not like all the performances as described (the Rose effect simply is not my style of working) but each effect is well presented, clearly explained and has some interesting bits in.
I particularly like the method for the bank right effect, which is applicable to many more effects that involve selecting papers, cards, envelopes or other such things.
Overall it doeas what the blurb says and is worth the price tag to me.

Thank you, my friend, please text me on Facebook, I want to share something with you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ulrich-Mind Realities Vol 1 (11 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL