The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Obvious Hyperbole by Art Vanderlay (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I think the ad copy for his new "Working nine to five" is completely misleading. In fact, the very first review on Penguin Magic calls him out on his obvious hyperbole. It feels horrible to get taken by those creators who purposefully create ad copy to mislead.

Regards,
Mike
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
If Art continues to do this he won't have a career in mentalism. Instead he'll find himself "working nine to five".

Maybe the title of his effect is a prediction about himself. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Mr Vanderlay is a fantastic thinker, just wait and listen what he had to say about this.
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Been very pleased with Art's releases thus far, and this looks interesting as I haven't yet been able to 'sell' card calling as it's traditionally presented.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Oh wow, another Art Vanderlay book!

I can't wait to pre-order "Obvious Hyperbole", can someone provide a link?
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Just watch his Penguin Live lecture should give you enough info to ascertain if you will like Arts other releases or not.
There is no holy grail!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, insight wrote:
I think the ad copy for his new "Working nine to five" is completely misleading. In fact, the very first review on Penguin Magic calls him out on his obvious hyperbole. It feels horrible to get taken by those creators who purposefully create ad copy to mislead.

Regards,
Mike

What´s the idea Mike ? To open a thread just for trash Art about his new release?

Very low...
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Apologies to Art if it came across that way. My beef is with the misleading ad copy primarily. I have enjoyed some of Art's previous releases...as explained by the title of this thread, the description of the effect is unfortunately obvious hyperbole.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, Amirá wrote:
Quote:

Regards,
Mike

What´s the idea Mike ? To open a thread just for trash Art about his new release?

Very low...
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
I'm going to hold my hands up here and admit that the ad is misleading. I am very sorry for this and it was not my intention to mislead anyone.

It implies you can use any deck of card when you in fact require your own.

I will have this amended asap and people can contact me for a full refund via pm, email or facebook.

Apologies for this error.

Kind regards
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
All sites have been updated (lybrary will be updated once they get my Email)

Again my sincere apologies for this. It was never my intention to mislead anyone.

Kind regards
Art
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Well done Matt. That was a very positive response to the initial objection.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Can't ask for better than that, well done.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
How were you trying to come across Mike? To me, you always come across in the same fashion. Trying to trash people.
Its hilarious actually. You just trash yourself. No credibility whatsoever.
James

Quote:
Apologies to Art if it came across that way. My beef is with the misleading ad copy primarily. I have enjoyed some of Art's previous releases...as explained by the title of this thread, the description of the effect is unfortunately obvious hyperbole.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
Quote:

Regards,
Mike

Very low...
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Very fair.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I feel sorry for you if being truthful to you means being trashful. I spoke the truth, and Art respectfully owned up to his mistake like a true gentleman and made the necessary change. Let's give Art credit for this please.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, Xiqual wrote:
How were you trying to come across Mike? To me, you always come across in the same fashion. Trying to trash people.
Its hilarious actually. You just trash yourself. No credibility whatsoever.
James

Quote:

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
Quote:

Regards,
Mike

Very low...
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Mike is right, I made a mistake and I was rightly so made aware of it.

Please no more slagging each other off. let's all hug and make up!

Kind regards
Art
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Yeah, Art. Let's do that.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Hug to Xiqual, Pablo and Art!

Regards,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Obvious Hyperbole by Art Vanderlay (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL