The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Short Changing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MKoeppel
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of MKoeppel
Hi

I am currently working on a (magic) routine that circles around the topic of short changing. Since I believe it is always good to have additional background information, could any of you guys direct me to some material that deals with the real stuff (history, anecdotes, actual methods used, etc.)?

Thanks in Advance, markus
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
The Change Raisers by W. M. Tucker is a great place to start. You can get it from the Gambler's General Store in Las Vegas if you can't find it anywhere else.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
694 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Gary Plants I believe has some work on (or does I can't recall) a short change routine. It is referenced in one of his lecture notes. Maybe send Gary an email?
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
And check out "The Compleat Swindler" by Ralph Hancock - out of print, but plenty of used copies around.
MKoeppel
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of MKoeppel
Hi

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I will check them out for sure.

Best, markus
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Before I retired, I was a banker for 44 years. During my first years as a teller, the short change was attempted with me and I witnessed attempts with other tellers. Usually, they would ask for change for a twenty and then begin to shuffle bills back and forth to create confusion. I wasn't into magic at that time, but it was still pretty clear that something was amiss.
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Try "Short Changed" by Ralph Mayer, the booklet can be found here:
http://www.trickster.com/catalog/s-bookpage4.html

John
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Short Changing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL