The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Zodiac Killer by Aaron Alexander (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
I do not know Aaron Alexander, nor have I ever conversed with him outside a few casual short exchanges via email and private messaging. With that said, he has quickly become one of my favorite creators within the mystery arts. My introduction to Aaron’s work came when I acquired “Bridge” at the end of last year. Before I even reached the end of the introduction I knew that I was in possession of something beautifully different. To refer to Aaron’s work as magic or mentalism almost seems irreverent, as what Aaron addresses isn’t mentalism or magic in the traditional sense of the words. His work focuses on true bewilderment and wonder, utilizing genuine social and natural phenomenon. There’s a purposeful distancing away from the language and mindset of tricking, instead focusing on genuine human interaction, engagement, and connection to create “pure magic.”

With “Zodiac Killer,” the reader is provided an extremely thorough, adaptable system that can be used to quickly and efficiently reveal a participant’s star sign, or it can be drawn out into a detailed discussion with a full reading. Through the process, if desired, the performer can reveal hopes, dreams, and the participant’s exact birthdate. “Zodiac Killer” can easily be adapted to any situation, performance style, character, and mood. While it could be utilized in a larger group setting, it seems to best fit a one-to-one or small group setting, as the style is conversational and focuses on rapport and genuine connection.

Aaron explores the unique situation that is created when dealing with the zodiac. It doesn’t have to be true to have an impact. Apart from literal interpretation, star signs still hold significance in our lives and we relate to them in one way or another. Everyone is familiar with their sign, even if they don’t place any significance in it. The effect doesn’t rely on a belief in the zodiac or even use it as a premise. It’s not about the power of the zodiac signs. There’s no use of horoscopes. Aaron is able to make astrology interesting and relevant without evoking the supernatural.

The impromptu, propless nature of “Zodiac Killer” is strengthened by the fact that you truly cannot miss. The method, procedure, process, and presentation avoid framing in a way that it could fail. As long as someone knows their sign, the performer can be successful. There is nothing to discover or expose.

As an added bonus, a multitude of tools are provided to streamline the learning process. The limited amount of memory work required is aided by clever and entertaining mnemonics and meaningful connections. The performer is also provided an incredible online resource that makes learning easier.

The effect being marketed is gold, but the value of “Zodiac Killer” lies in the nuggets of premise, presentation, theory, and inspiration littered throughout. The techniques provided for distancing from method and increasing impact alone could justify a significant asking price. The reader can appreciate and take away something of value in the initial reading, but the full strength and possibility of application can only be gleaned after multiple reads and intense study. Those with the necessary interest and fortitude will definitely find it rewarding.
Sicorace
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Sicorace
Thanks for the review!
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
You're welcome. I'm really surprised that this hasn't received more attention.
eusbanger
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of eusbanger
I love Aarons work, this is the only one I don't own already.

it works in any language?
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
I feel confident that it could be adapted to any language, as long as the spectator knows their astrological sign.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Zodiac Killer by Aaron Alexander (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL