The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bad grip with p/o Second Deal? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JGurria
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of JGurria
Hello again!

I have this problem since almost I started with the practice of Push off second deal.

Im not sur if its the grip, I guess my grip is correct for my hand, ill tell you the problem maybe anyone of you had the same issue in their early days of second dealing..

The problem is when I practice, I deal one, two , three...reeeally slow until it the top card inner left corner ( the one touching the flesh base of the thumb ) starts sliding outwards so I keep dealing and the top card goes like wrong lined with the second and that makes me readjust my grip, and I feel like I'm doing it wrong, maybe its a normal thing, maybe I have to keep the slow deal, but really I want it to be lined all time...or atleast a bit lined..

Also I though its a problem of the friction caused by the right thumb...or its just the pushing off action going bad?

I want your thoughs and advices guys!
FnB
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of FnB
I had the exact same problem with my push off. The first time I practised it was after Jason England's 1-on-1, so I was in some way focused on keep the corner of the card pressed against the base of the thumb... but my hands are like half the size of Jason's so I couldn't do it in some decent way. Now, I don't know what kind of push-off you use but for me (I push the cards from the "top" of the deck in a circular motion) the problem was solved once I started doing the best for my hands. For istance when I push the top cards, they don't move in a perfect circular motion with the left corner still pressed against the thumb, but they slide a bit towards me (still while doing a circular motion of course). For returning the top card squared I use some kind of 2 steps movement: 1.Hit the first finger with the top card (mechanic's grip); 2.Slide the card to the left until squared with the other cards.... When confident you'll feel it as a singol movement.
But this is the best I could achieve for MY hands, MY fingers, My grip.. You should try to analyze your second and find the best way for you. People can only teach you the basics, the rest is up to you.
Hope this will help anyway Smile

Edit: This is a video from 1 month ago, but maybe it can be usefull to understand what I said for my pushoffs (and as you can see I'm not the best.. mine are only advices Smile )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlIdbxWLXRI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bad grip with p/o Second Deal? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL