The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Live Video Delay App (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Stumbled across this app for the iPad and love it. Previously I would practice in front of a mirror or video tape various manipulation moves using the iPad's default camera (and the need to constantly hit start, stop, play back, etc.) Which got me thinking how great it would be if there was a simple video delay option for the iPad. And sure enough someone already thought of that, the "Live Video Delay" app. I'm able to set the delay between 0 and 10 minutes. Designed for golfers, but perfect for manipulators.
Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
To clarify it's like working in front of a mirror, except the image lags behind by several seconds (set to however long the particular slight I'm working on normally takes to perform, typically between 3 and 15 seconds). And has the advantage over a mirror in that 1) it's more portable, and 2) I can choreograph where I'm focusing my attention while performing the particular slight. I performed the move, then watch the move on the iPad (without having to fumble with any start and stop buttons), perform the move again, etc. Repeating the process over and over until happy with the results. Anyone else tried something like this?
Bob
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have a Android, so an iPad app does not help all users, only the rich ones. Smile

Video has been advised by many people, like Jeff McBride. It is nothing new.

The only thing is you are using it to early. Only practicing a move is worthless. It is when it is used in a routine, that flaws start to show.

Put your iPad on a tripod, stand up in front of the camera and do a your routine. Then check your presentation. They sell Tripod Adaptes for iPads on www.Amazon.com . If you don't have a tripod, they sell them too.

Then reposition the camera high low right and left, and check how it looks from the different angles. This will help to find the limits of eyesight that can be used.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Hi Bill, thanks for the advice. I always appreciate your words of wisdom. Will try it from different angles as suggested. I'm currently working on individual lessons from the Chavez course and will be stringing those lessons together into longer and longer routines soon. This has been slow going for me, but I'm keeping at it.

Regards,
Bob
Bob
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
And, you can use it as a dash cam.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Live Video Delay App (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL