The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Help ID Magic Circle Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
I have a box, not unlike a jewelry case, Medallion size but ring box structure. Hidden trap in the lid. Magic Circle London design on the lid. Works similarly to the decks used for coin penetrations. I have included a photo. Does anyone recognize this very well made case?

Click here to view attached image.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I have no idea, but it certainly is cool!
You may want to ask Joe Long here on the Café. He goes by JL608. He's a very knowledgable collector/dealer who may be able to offer some insights.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
Thank you so much Mr. Wizard of Oz. It is cool and well made. The exterior is real leather and I hope someone knows what it is. Here is a picture of the inside. Take care, Craig

Click here to view attached image.
JL608
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of JL608
Thanks Wiz. Hello Craig. This appears to be the Houdini Box sold by Roy Johnson. The effect involves the linking of two small rings which belonged to Bess and Harry. It's very cleverly constructed.

The original version of Roy's box was sold by Ken Brooke. I'll try to dig up more info and pix for you which I'll PM.

Hope this helps.

Take care!

Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Help ID Magic Circle Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL