The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Look for routines with Chinese sticks? Is the video good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
I forget who put out this video, is it any good? Also, is there a book with good moves or routines? Thanks for the help.
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
I have not seen the video you are talking about but if you want a great Chinese stick routine the Making Magic by Martin Lewis video shows you how to make a set. The real bonus to these, and the routine, is that at the end you can break open the sticks and toss them away. It really sells the effects as "magic" not "gimmicked stick."

Mat Random
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Frankm6:

Mat already mentioned the Martin Lewis video, which is very good. The other video you're thinking of is by Stevens Magic. The whole video is on the Chinese sticks; it's part of their "Teach in" series. And yes, it is very good and worth getting.

You can get it from: http://www.stevensmagic.com

Ron
jondabach
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of jondabach
The Chinese sticks are great but really need to be performed correctly and not with the store bought sticks. You have to either make them or buy an expensive set. There are great ways to end the routine too, like having a third tassle on a real attached to your hat or coat that makes them both pop up at the end. Experiment with more than two sticks too, try three or four.

Gaeton Bloom had a version with clear tubes. Anyone seen this? Fooled the heck out of me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Look for routines with Chinese sticks? Is the video good? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL