The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge expert required (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
Hi guys,

I am just wondering whether anyone has any resources they can point me towards with regards to a slo-mo vanish of a sponge ball using a table?

The idea is to place a 3-4 inch sponge ball on the table and using the palm of my hand push the sponge seemingly in to the table and when the hand is removed the sponge has vanished.
Certain options I've excluded as I'd be stood up.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
The Spongeball Toolbox, by Steve Dacri, covers a wide range of Spongeball techniques. I can't recall any techniques to specifically address your issue, but there may be some ideas you will get from this DVD. Steve passed away a few years ago, so don't know what the availability of this product is today.

Hudson
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I saw a deck of cards do a "slo-mo" vanish from an entire deck down to 1 card, squeezed between the palms. This was done in front of my face by Simon Lovell. Can't get much more magical than that, yet most would discount the method as either obvious or not magical enough; neither of which is true.

Maybe that will give you an idea or 2.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Are you open to using gimmicks? If so you could attach some elastic to a sponge ball to make a kind of p*ll. d a sh*ttle pass sort of switch to get the gimmick in view, compress it on the table slowly, then let it snap back. If this is too much info for an open forum, please delete it.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I don't see how the hand can cover a 4 inch sponge ball. Unless you are giant. Most sponge ball moves are about timing. So don't understand the request for a slo-mo move. Maybe you could clarify what you are talking about.
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies so far.

Yes maybe a 4 inch sponge ball would be slightly over ambitious (I should stick to metric in future).

The idea itself would be to try to recreate the setting of the sun on the horizon.

I did think of making a pull but I do work in a shirt and waistcoat so I have no sleeves or jacket.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge expert required (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL