The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Build a database of the art of magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Cheong
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
100 Posts

Profile of Chris Cheong
I have had this idea awhile ago to build a library database of the art of magic with consist of:

1) every magic tricks in the market
2) Every original magic tricks created in the market
3) Every working magicians, mentalist & illusionist in the world

I have put together a system framework powered by Wikipedia engine: http://www.welearnmagic.com/ztudios/Main_Page

Anyone can contribute to the library by creating, editing and publishing contents.

What do you think of this platform/idea?
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
I think a magic wiki would be good. But is it just a repository for reviews and tricks, or tutorials as well? I know this will sound bad, but I am not sure how popular it would be without tutorials... Even Wikipedia has a magic section with tricks listed, described, and method given.

I realize this is against the Magician's Code - but that is the world we live in.
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
I'll throw in my two cents worth here too.....

In reference to "1) every magic tricks in the market"

If I created, publish, and sell the highly sought after XYZ Magic Trick and you post "how it is done"in a database, then no one would buy it from me any more. You have basically stolen my work and given it away.......

Personally, I am a digital advocate and would love to have access to more information but how do you deal with copyrighted or proprietary information and how do you guard the secrets from the general public? Inquiring minds want to know......
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
Vince Hancock
View Profile
New user
Bear Lake, Michigan
31 Posts

Profile of Vince Hancock
This wiki effort has been going for about 7 years:
http://geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/Main_Page

After a few months of just looking around and reading, I took a minute to correct a few typos. Nothing much, but I still received a nice welcome from one of the moderators. I think you'd get the same reception for your participation, Chris!

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Build a database of the art of magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL