The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fauxverhand shuffle by James Dickson (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Looks good. What do you guys think?
Unfortunately I don't know how to include videos - but if you do a web search, there is only one video.
Thanks and all the best
M.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Looks very nice.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
It does look good and natural. Actually I like it better than the heiny.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I can see what is going on but I think it would be quite difficult to do! You would have to basically retrain yourself on how to overhand shuffle. It does look very good though.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
258 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Looks very good and the price is not bad for a move you can always use.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
OMG. I perform a false overhand shuffle that requires 30 secs of practise and it flys past everyone. Why buy this at an advanced skill level requirement?
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Hi Pegasus, I also perform false overhand shuffles and false riffle shuffles but I think this one looks good. That's why I was posting it. In the meantime I ran through the video a view times and I'm pretty sure I now know what's going on. I was able to replicate it in short time ... not as smooth as in the video but already ok. Of course I don't know if what I'm doing is the method he is using ... but this is something I will try in the real world.
All the best
M.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
This looks like the Mead-Kennedy shuffle in Mike Close's Closely Guarded Secrets.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's been reinvented. Ellusionist had no clue about the Mead Kennedy shuffle when I asked them, so I presume there's no crediting to suggest its a version of the shuffle.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On May 28, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
Http://www.ellusionist.com/fauxverhand-s......+Podcast

This link does not work anymore.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
The link works again. But it states "This product is no longer for sale".

I really wish they would stop relying on this so called magic historian that they may still have on staff. He or she may not still work for them. But things like this keep on happening.

Quote:
On May 28 2006 Brad Christian wrote:
Look, crediting and originality are very important to Ellusionist and the people that work in this company. Many months ago we hired an exceptionally knowledgable historian/magician to research everything for us. He is the editor for a well respected magic magazine [not Kaufman] and if I said the name several of you would recognize him. This is the reason you have seen the crediting be SO thorough in many of our recent releases [such as the Axis Change], with which volume of what, and what page number etc. This guy is amazing. But I want you to know it's hard to credit sometimes... you think you've got everything imaginable and then you find it was explained in some VERY old book in the 1800's. There's no way you would have known, and you had checked with everyone under the sun. But with this researcher, he's VERY good and we're glad to have him onboard. He costs a LOT of money, but we feel it's so important that we are willing to make the expenditure on an ongoing basis. So hopefully there's at least a slight difference between MagicMakers and Ellusionist.
Brad.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, mantel wrote:
The link works again. But it states "This product is no longer for sale".

I don't see details as to why it was pulled.

Can anyone supply the details?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Look at 5 posts above yours.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
This is still a good shuffle to learn.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
...just from the right source then.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fauxverhand shuffle by James Dickson (9 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL