The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Drool free zone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Maybe they enjoy the attention; judging by a few responses, some might... but as a male, I feel very embarassed to be a part of this group, when I see magicians making comments, directed at some of the few female members, that are figuratively oozing with drool.

Is it too much to ask that we treat our female members with the same respect we show other men? If everyone did this, there would probably be more women in magic overall.
Xia
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
286 Posts

Profile of Xia
I am so glad somebady said that. I know a lot of you spend more time with sponge balls than females but get a grip.
"They say time is money...i say time is precious"
"They say the whole is much more than the sum of its Parts...Thats why a man is much more than the sum of his Past!"
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Yes, I've noticed this too, it's quite, uh... sad.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Geoff,Xia,and Marko,

I'm glad you posted this. You are absolutely right, and I think it goes both ways with both male and female magicians.

Overall, I find the Café very respectful towards its female members. Those that cross the line are reminded of their infractions. Saying that, there is also a line as there is a difference with good natured banter which is used with all genders than blantent sexism and the drooling that follows, like you mentioned. Anyone reading post can easily see that for themselves, least I hope so.

I know I have been irked in the past when discussing magic on other boards and was pm'd asking what I looked like or how old I was. I thought "what the heck does this have to do with magic?"

I think it comes down to respect and being polite towards people in general, regardless of gender. I hope that the general comeraderie that exist doesn't stop,however.

I love my Magic Club and yet there are 117 males to the 3 women in the club. Being told it was an Old Boys Club previously, I have not found that to be the case. I feel very comfortable there. There are members of all ages from 13 to 92 and everyone respects each other. It works both ways just like Mama always said, "Treat others like you want to be treated". That or "looks fade, but stupid is forever".) Smile

Chrystal
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Quote:
On 2004-02-15 13:01, Chrystal wrote:
Hi Geoff,Xia,and Marko,

I'm glad you posted this. You are absolutely right, and I think it goes both ways with both male and female magicians.

It works both ways just like Mama always said, "Treat others like you want to be treated". That or "looks fade, but stupid is forever".) Smile

Chrystal

Very well said Chrystal. Smile

Mya
:cuteangel:
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Man, Geoff Weber is so HOT! Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Maybe they enjoy the attention; judging by a few responses, some might... but as a male, I feel very embarassed to be a part of this group, when I see magicians making comments, directed at some of the few female members, that are figuratively oozing with drool. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was about to post a thread about the exact same thing!
And have you noticed that girls get replies way faster than we do?
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
I was about to post a thread about the exact same thing!

That Geoff is hot?
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
You know what I meant. Now I'll have to edit my post.Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
YES! I have caused trouble once again!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
El Lamo distributes foo cans for the members with excessive salivary handicaps.
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
El-Lamo I wonder if the name Pavlov rings a bell?

Just another thought that occurred to me: I guess the rule of thumb should be answer each post as you would normally, regardless of the age/gender of the person you are replying to. That's my thoughts anyway.

C
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Drool free zone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL