The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Abberline's Repository (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dustin Kind Of Magic
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dustin Kind Of Magic
Greetings all! I just registered to be able to tell people who understand how cool it is. My business partner and I just ordered Abberline's Repository. I'm so excited. now all I have to do is wait patiently. I'm not good at waiting. I've told some of my non magician friends and they just don"t get it.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2015, Dustin Kind Of Magic wrote:
Greetings all! I just registered to be able to tell people who understand how cool it is. My business partner and I just ordered Abberline's Repository. I'm so excited. now all I have to do is wait patiently. I'm not good at waiting. I've told some of my non magician friends and they just don"t get it.

I can never wait for my new efect,magic toy either and at Christmas I am like a big kid wanting to open my present's up well before time,lol.Wellcome to the nut house by the way.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Hello, Dustin!

Glad to see you here.

We're all in that same boat of not being able to wait for an effect, so you're not alone.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not too sure that you should be telling your non-magician friends too much about stuff like that.

Instead, perform the effect for them when you get it and have had enough practice.

I'm expecting to get "Break" from Theory 11 tomorrow, and I haven't told a soul about it at all. Not even my wife. When I get it, though, I'll be demonstrating my powers to them as much as possible!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Gregor Von G.
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Gregor Von G.
Welcome.
Dustin Kind Of Magic
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 9, 2015, Jack Straw wrote:
Hello, Dustin!

Glad to see you here.

We're all in that same boat of not being able to wait for an effect, so you're not alone.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not too sure that you should be telling your non-magician friends too much about stuff like that.

Instead, perform the effect for them when you get it and have had enough practice.

I'm expecting to get "Break" from Theory 11 tomorrow, and I haven't told a soul about it at all. Not even my wife. When I get it, though, I'll be demonstrating my powers to them as much as possible!
Dustin Kind Of Magic
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Thanks!

Absolutely not taken the wrong way. I understand what your saying. these are my closest and most trusted friends. I DON'T discuss method with them at all, but they love to see me happy and they know that nothing makes me happier than magic. When I say that they don't understand it's because they aren't into performing magic. It would be like a gourmet chef telling someone who can't boil water about a brand new knife: they would be happy for them but it just wouldn't be their thing.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2015, Dustin Kind Of Magic wrote:
Thanks!

Absolutely not taken the wrong way. I understand what your saying. these are my closest and most trusted friends. I DON'T discuss method with them at all, but they love to see me happy and they know that nothing makes me happier than magic. When I say that they don't understand it's because they aren't into performing magic. It would be like a gourmet chef telling someone who can't boil water about a brand new knife: they would be happy for them but it just wouldn't be their thing.

Perhaps you don't understand what is being said. Your closest and trusted friends should be no different. Keep it to yourself. Perform, don't inform.
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
You've made a great purchase. Abberline's Repository is not a trick, it's an entire performance piece. The journey you take people on can last an hour or more as you attempt to determine the identity of Jack the Ripper. I love mine. Good luck with it!
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Yes, it is a great purchase.

I'm jealous.

If you live in NYC or Long Island, I'd like to come over and check it out.

I'll bring "From Hell" with me. That's as close as I can get to Abberline.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
phil_n
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
28 Posts

Profile of phil_n
@Dustin - I'm waiting too, so I know your pain Smile
phil_n
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
28 Posts

Profile of phil_n
@Dustin - my repository has arrived and it is a thing of beauty.
Massive Props to Dan at Lebanon circle for the outstanding customer service (I already owned From Hell, so he made it at a discount sans From Hell), and also for the follow up mails (checking it had arrived, offers of further help etc).

Phil
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
Yes, Dan is great with his customer service and follow up for customer satisfaction.
I had a small (technical) issue not to be discussed here, but he made sure to repair it, called and followed up on the performance of Abberline's Repository, offered suggestions and went a mile above and beyond to ensure I was happy and that it functioned properly after the repairs.
You will not be disappointed in either your purchase, nor your choice to use Dan and Lebanon Circle Magic as your outlet for the bizarre and strange!
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Yes, Dan and LebCirc are the Best! Have purchased many fantastic works, pieces, materials, etc...and have arriving soon a Terror of Whitechappel package that I also customized with Dan because I already own "From H*ll and a couple of other items in the usual kit.
Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
I'd like to add my praises for Lebanon Circle too. Dan's customer service is first class, that can make a real difference in these days of faceless, souless companies. The quality of from Hell absolutely blew me away. I've also purchased Prof BC's Ressurection Cemetery Gate Key and Mat Cult's Conan Doyle and the bad penny via Lebanon Circle and have been extremely pleased with the quality and service. Dan also built a custom book of revelations for me which is a thing of beauty!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Abberline's Repository (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL