The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Terry Ady (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TerryAdy
View Profile
New user
Nacogdoches, TX
1 Post

Profile of TerryAdy
I've been into "magic" or cards and concepts rather, for around 2 years now. I had dabbled here and there before that time period so some concepts have always stuck with me.

I got back into cards after I shattered bones in my right hand. I had to have a pin placed from my right ring knuckle all the way to my wrist. I was not healing properly so the pin had to stay in longer than it usually would have. During the time that I was stuck in a "cast" I was having an extremely difficult time, worried about the possibility of permanent damage I had done.

As soon as the pin was removed my fears took me over, at the time, it was a confirmation of the negative possibilities I had spent months imagining. I went on to try finger stretches for weeks and did many other forms of physical therapy to try to regain function of tendons and flexibility of my bones in my hand.

Then, I stumbled upon the story of Daniel Madison. I could care less, now, if the story was true or false regarding the amount of damage he sustained. At the time it gave me a tiny push. Not only was I stretching and working every part of my hand to regain functionality with physical therapy. But then I picked up a deck of cards, I couldn't even hold a decent grip on a deck for months. Then one day something snapped, literally. I heard a tendon or a bone or something snap and my fingers began to flex more and more. The pain was and is still something I deal with daily but my hand is more flexible than it was before I broke it.

Along the way, I found a passion for discovering things that I suppose can be considered "magic". I've spent countless hours perfecting moves and handlings, simply because it's my form of therapy.

All of that aside, I decided to join this forum and observe how others see the world of "magic".

Feel free to check out my Instagram, some of my views are reflected there. In a manner of speaking.
Http://www.Instagram.com/terryady

Thanks
-Terry Ady
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome TerryAdy,

My partner Tom was shot had a great deal of damage to his right elbow and the nerves below. He was an excellent Magician prior to this but had to start over after his medical devices were removed. Magic proved excellent therapy for him as well and his Doctors were stunned that he could perform Magic that could amaze them so soon after (They nearly amputated his lower arm). It's been almost 20 years since and Tom is still slowly gaining feeling (which is not always fun but it does show improvement).

Congratulations for taking your recovery into your own hands!
Your drive and hope will still take you further.
Daniel Madison's inspired you and your story may inspire others in turn.

Best luck (and hard work) in your further recovery.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Terry Ady (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL