The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » National TV appearance and possible Viral Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Hey Guys,

Some pretty fantastic news. Just the confirmation that I will be on the Premier for Penn and Teller Fool Us. That is airing on July 6th. With the first Viral Video and Media appearances I got a taste of whats to come. While I think I handled the Media craze.. There are a lot of things I wish I would have done better.. But regardless I am preparing for this new Opportunity.. and I plan to take advantage of every chance I get. Below I am listing some of what I am planning to do before and after the TV appearance. Please chime in with your thoughts and ideas for anything that would help.

Quick Note: While the information that I will be on the premier is public.. I haven't officially announced it on my Facebook or other social media. The episode is airing in 10 days... I am planning to release my press release and make all official announcements either 6 or 5 days before the episode.

Here is a List of Things I plan to do.:

BEFORE THE SHOW

1. Get together an email list of all past clients and fans and send out an email letting them Know I will be on the show and to watch it. Also, Let them know that they can share it on social media.

2. Set up strategic facebook posts... that are timed with the initial press release. Saying that I will be on the show and pointing to my website blog with more information.

3. Have a well written blog post with more information and behind the scenes of the show. I am thinking I will have a few blog posts focusing on Penn and Teller. One before the show and one a few days later.. going behind the scenes.

4. Gather all information of all the past media relationships I have formed over the past few months and send them all the press release and personalized emails about the story. Hopefully I will lots of local articles written and maybe even score a news TV appearance promoting myself and the show. Since its on the CW it seems like the news channel will probably be CBS or TIme Warner News.

5. I am also tempted to possible hire a publicists to help me spread the word.

AFTER THE SHOW

6. From what I can tell from the first season.. Many of the clips have the potential to go Viral. Luckily in my agreement I am allowed to post 3 minutes from my segment onto my youtube channel. I am torn between just editing my segment down to just 3 minutes and posting it. OR I could split the clip into a Part 1 and Part 2 for youtube. Not sure which one would be the better route.

7. Post my FULL segment to my facebook page and share the crap out of it.. also using paid facebook advertising.

8. I will make sure to include some sort of watermarking on the youtube video. I will also be doing my best to help make the youtube video go Viral. I have a decent following on R/Magic on Reddit.. so if I post the video to that and R/Cubers.. I assume someone will post it to R/Videos... Which would help the video take off.

I would love any feedback you guys have.. and any interesting ideas you would like to share.

AFTER THE SHOW AND VIDEO: Recently I just did a event for one of the largest Entertainment Companies in New York. The event went FANTASTIC and it looks like they will book me for around 20 events this year. Which is amazing. Hopefully the Penn and Teller Video will be just another thing to help them sell me to their clients.

Another thing I plan to do is make a GIANT push towards the college market. Working on a new Image and re-branding myself specifically for the market. I believe in my show and I have 100% confidence that I can ROCK the market. I will be leveraging all the past media attention over the past months in posters, banners, flyers, givewaways etc.. So when I go to Apca and Naca and will hopefully stand out. I believe that my Showcase is original enough and different enough to garner some attention. So much work to do.. and so little time.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
GOOD LUCK!

I'm zipping out of the house now but sending you many congrats on making the cut for the show!

Really look forward to seeing it!!!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » National TV appearance and possible Viral Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL