The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vital Signs by MatCult (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Thought I would also start this in Spooky...

http://www.alchemymoon.com/#!vital-signs/c1d04

I have been playing with Mat’s “Vital Signs” Zodiac cards. I like that I can still do a sign and birthday reveal “interactively” with people without carrying my precious C0dex book around with me (as that is for formal shows).

This deck is used for doing mindreading, magic routines, giving readings or answering questions that the sitter may have about life in general.

The set comes with a Deck of Zodiac cards:

2 sets of 12 Astrology Signs (mar**d)
2 Personality Number cards (says 2 but I only got one no big deal)
1 Dates card
1 Elements and Qualities card
1 Double-Backer
1 Crystal Pendulum
1 Zodiac Cloth
1 Drawstring Bag

The price is very generous and you get two sets of cards. I keep one set at home as I do the basic reading it gives me a spare.

This is a great learning tool and introduction to Zodiac in general.

I really like his use of mnemonic to get the key personality trait nailed.

The “identification” on the backs is visible but not noticeable and they are one way which helps to orientate and speed the detection.

Personality number card is fun and direct, people love to know their number and look up their character and it helps the reading along the way. There is a nice out if the character is wrong.

Elements and Quality card is designed as a visual table to easily cross-reference the qualities and the elements and makes for a nice and compartmentalized cheat sheet on one card which makes this very easy to memorize and support the reading.

Date card for the participant and performer to know the exact dates especially if the sitter wishes to do a reading for a person they are thinking of and are not sure of their sign.

Included are a couple of decent ideas on how to use the cards and great references for supporting literature. It’s basically a show and reading in your pocket.

The only negative and it’s not really a big deal is the pendulum. It was very nice of him to include it but I think we all have our favorites. For the price it was basically a free throw in. Same with the black bag but we can all use another black bag!

Overall this is my kind of thing. Everyone loves to talk about their birthday and character traits. It was a no brainer for me to pick this up. I know it’s extremely limited and Matcult is not getting rich so he doesn’t need me to blather on how great this is. If you are lucky to get one you will most likely use it as it’s practical and small enough to carry in your wallet if you have any more room.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
I have this and its excellent throughout, and very inexpensive for what's included.
Wholeheartedly recommended!
Steve
[
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm really happy you are finding the kit useful. I tend to just make things that I need and if others find a use for them, that's a huge bonus!

I think there are around 12 complete sets left. Something like that anyway. No more than 15 for sure.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just ordered mine Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Recieved mine yesterday, these are great Mat ! Being that we get 2 sets of cards I can also use Chris Ballinger's Zodiac effect with these too !!
This is a great way to help learn your zodiac signs & element connections - awesome deal, another great idea from the wonderfully creative mind of Matcult !! ☺
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
As an aside, Aaron Alexander's excellent Zodiac Killer is propless, but getting this working propless gives me the heebie-jeebies!
This set makes it work like clockwork, and indeed, Matt's manuscript allows you to get to the date of birth exactly too.
[
phil_n
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
28 Posts

Profile of phil_n
Ordered.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Super! Ordered and excited! Thanks Mat!
phil_n
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
28 Posts

Profile of phil_n
Delivered - 2 days later!

Looking forward to how I can use this with Isabella's Star
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I love Aaron Alexander's Zodiac Killer and Isabella's Star. But they have bold elements and to me just don't have the kind of interaction I prefer, but they are live without a net and you don't have to carry cards. You don't need them if you are going to use the cards. It's just a preference.

Mat (and I) also recommend "Star Signs - A System For Remembering The Dates And Meanings Of The Twelve Signs Of The Zodiac". It's the difference between struggling with muscle memory and having no choice but to know it. Julian Moore has the master Harry Lorayne's touch on that one.

BTW If you read Harry's memory books it will help with memorizing scripts and manuals it's a must. People have always struggled with memorizing all things Zodiac me included and I don't anymore.

Thanks Mat!
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Thanks for the kind words everyone. All current orders have shipped. 10 sets remain.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Shayde Phoenix
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
116 Posts

Profile of Shayde Phoenix
I would love one of those zodiac cloths (but on a square piece of material, and not cut out so the edges don't fray) for use in Christian Chelman's "Zodiac" routine - a routine I have long desired to do, but haven't been able to because of lack of said item. Is there any chance I might be able to acquire one from you, Mat? Pretty please?
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
PM'd you Shayde
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Mat sent me my set awhile back and I take them to all the weekly palm and tarot reading venues I perform each week. these are my go to for astrological presentations.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
SOOOOOoooooo many 'TALENTED' Creators here in our little Domain ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Thanks for this guys!

I opened my email this morning to find some glowing words from Richard Webster about this package. (Yes, THE Richard Webster).

With his permission:
Quote:
Just a note to let you know how much I love the Vital Signs kit. It arrived about a week ago, and I've had several opportunities to use the cards. They are superb! The quality is superb, and the secret marks can be read from several feet away (even with my eyes). I bought Vital Signs more for fun, than for anything else, as I thought public interest in astrology had waned. However, the last week has shown me that this isn't the case. So far, I've been doing it as per your instructions, but there are many other ways the cards can be used, and I'm looking forward to trying out other ideas with them. Many years ago, I performed Christian Chelman's Zodiac using a large zodiac cloth. When it wore out, I couldn't find a suitable replacement and stopped performing the effect. It never occurred to me that a small zodiac circle was all that was required! My money was well spent on that one idea alone, and the small circle you included is perfect. Thank you very much.

Well, that has made my week!
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Very cool Mat!
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Congratulations Mat! That is high praise indeed...go and celebrate, then rest...repeat as needed.

I am still waiting on my actual kit to be delivered, but thanks to the pre-delivery of the instructions, I have to say, the marking system sounds perfect. At 53, I wear contacts AND reading glasses when needed, but your system sounds totally usable for someone like me. Thank you.

Yet another reason I'm looking forward to this set.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
phil_n
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
28 Posts

Profile of phil_n
@Darkness - Matt sent me an additional card following the Isabella's Star comment.
Thanks Matt!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Hey Phil,

Mat is a super nice guy and very helpful and supportive!
There are a few here that are genuine and welcome spirits.
And good things do happen to good people... sometimes.
You must be one of the good guys!
Enjoy.

I think he is also hooking me up but don't tell anyone.

Looking forward to his compilation BTW so get in if you are not already, it's one of the more worthwhile ways to spend your time around here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vital Signs by MatCult (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL