The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » 2015 WSOP "Cheating" Dealer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xevenofhearts
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of xevenofhearts
Https://twitter.com/JessicaDawley/status/619627401572560896

This was so blatantly obvious... completely just flashed the bottom card... ridiculous. Not to mention, this, at the WSOP Main Event, a $10,000 buy-in NLHE tournament.
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
It is terrible situational awareness on the part of the dealer - but it isn't cheating. Just stupid.

My guess is he has absolutely no memory of even doing that. He shouldn't have been playing with the mucked cards by any means, but that was hardly the practiced act of a serious cheater.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
xevenofhearts
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of xevenofhearts
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, JasonEngland wrote:
It is terrible situational awareness on the part of the dealer - but it isn't cheating. Just stupid.

Exactly what I said on 2+2. Still remarkable that this guy's even dealing at such a high profile event. Honest mistake, but it still shouldn't have been made.

Note: There's definitely a reason I put " "s around the cheating Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Standard error

4. Be sure to keep the deck level at all times. The deck must never be turned over (“rolled”) while a hand is in progress. (This means do not look at your watch unless it is on your other wrist.) You may say “The bottom of the deck is covered, so a card can’t be exposed. Why is it so important not to roll the deck?” The answer is that you should avoid any suspicion that you may be peeking at the top card as you bring the inverted deck close to the rack.

-Dealers Handbook
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
A video link maybe?
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Yes, a video link would be nice. The one posted does not seem to work.
Tony45
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Tony45
The guy is high or is bored and is an idiot, you guys think its a move ?? lol
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
The link posted worked for me, but only after a few tries of clicking it. Not sure why that is.

Tommy - the guy didn't roll the deck. The deck is on the table and spread. The river has already been dealt so there was no reason for the dealer to continue to hold on to the deck. What he did was pick up the muck and absentmindedly flash the bottom card.

Still stupid and poor technique/situational awareness, but not cheating.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
OK, I could watch it eventually.

I generally disagree with my Americans friends about what we call Cheating in Europe and what they call Cheating in USA,but this time I'm with you. The guy is just an idiot. Looks like he's bored as hell. I'm not even sure he realizes what he's doing. To me, it's not cheating.

Difference between here and USA though, in the games I play everyone would have gone crazy around the table Smile.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Coming up with enough dealers for any WSOP means digging deeply into the stock of available candidates.
In this case, we're obviously getting near the bottom of the barrel.

Having said that, and even with the display so obvious, I suppose it's completely within the realm of possibility (however unlikely) that one of the players paid him $500.00 to flash cards.

Over the decades, and as relates to cards and dice, I've determined that nothing is impossible, and definitive statements are often best avoided Smile
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2015, AMcD wrote:

Difference between here and USA though, in the games I play everyone would have gone crazy around the table Smile.

Are you saying American players are too "forgiving" or just dumb?
Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I'd never say they are dumb. Why would I say that? Different culture and mentality, for sure.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » 2015 WSOP "Cheating" Dealer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL