The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Card Studio » » Making your own card box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
Does anyone have any tips on making your own card box?
Also does anyone have any ideas for a gimmicked card box?
Sentoki
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Sentoki
I don't know a way to make a good card box, but if you find a way you could print a playing card on it.
When you hide the printed card and force the card on the spectator it can be used as a prediction or something.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
There are a number of features I'd like to see in a magi's card box:

A) tougher, thicker card so the box lasts longer; also slightly wider so as to be able to hold a few more than 54 cards
B) a slightly deeper thumb slot and longer top flap (for retaining or drawing out cards from closed box more easily)
C) a built-in card revelation (or two)
D) a hidden mnemonic for a stack
E) if possible, a well disguised index window (this might not be realistic)
F) if possible, a built in shiner utility
G) if possible, a built in 'retention' flap, false section, or device so as better be able to leave card(s) hidden in the case
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
I've been playing around with the idea of creating SVG's that I can cut on my wife's craft cutter (Silhouette cameo, it will cut things as thick as cereal box cardboard.)

Boomer
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Here's a template designer: http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/tuckbox.cgi
I'm interested in trying this too, if you find a suitable cardboard stock, let me know.
Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
I finally make boxes with a die cutter. They are amazing. Really suggest buying one. Made custom printed like bike boxes. Found perfect card stock at the dollar store.
AndreOng1
View Profile
Regular user
SIngapore
110 Posts

Profile of AndreOng1
It would be nice if there is a stylish card box that is waterproof, keep the cards dry, but not thick like those waterproof cases.
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
You can use standard boxes and apply vinyl stickers with reveals on the sides. Been doing it for a while on Phoenix boxes (Christian sells empty ones very cheap). Plus you can cut a slit on a corner and use the cellophane to hide it (the back design is usually well aligned with the cards inside). For the cutout I suggest a hole punch (diameter 2cm) so you can enlarge a little. I’ve been also experimenting with white vinyl for the front with good results. PM me I can provide some SVG templates of non copyrighted elements.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Card Studio » » Making your own card box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL