The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review 249: Arthur, Search Engine Pen, Ball & Tube & 6 Minutes (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
David Sangwell
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of David Sangwell

On this Week's Show:

Search Engine Pen by Jeff Prace

Get it by Clicking Here!

Steel Ball & Tube

Get it by Clicking Here!

6 Minutes of Killer Comedy

Get it by Clicking Here!

Arthur by Chris Wiel

Get it by Clicking Here!

LADs 2015 Tickets on sale now!

Book them by Clicking Here!

---
David "Scooby" Sangwell

World Magic Shop

BartenderHQ
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Great show guys... I was on the fence about Arthur and I think Im going to pick this up..
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
There must be better out there to review, surely?
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Surely.

But I liked this Arthur presentation. Haven't sold mine yet, so gonna give it another go mate.
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
Maybe they need to go to once a month to get stuff worth reviewing.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Just placed an order. Thanks guys. This transaction was so simple...pressed PayPal...done. Thank you for being in this century unlike other sites who don't "get" the PayPal phenomenon.

I know I've complained in the past about ordering the WPR products, but this purchase was seamless. Thank you Dave for posting the links, and thank you WMS for offering PayPal. Yet...should I thank you? Now my money shall magically vanish more easily...

And, just now checked my email and found my WMS receipt to see my Worker of the Week bonus in my order confirmation. Nice. I love this...I gotta say. Instant gratification in this day and age goes a long way. OK. WMS rocks.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
RiBo
View Profile
New user
Orando, FL
78 Posts

Profile of RiBo
Nice show guys. I actually find it interesting when you have products that are NOT at either the Zero or 95% range, basically all or nothing ratings. These seemed pretty reasonable to me.

As an aside, I also had a steel ball and tube as a youngster, many years ago. Was one of my favorites as a kid!
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I do remember them saying they were going to every other week so they could do reviews of greater quality .I appreciate the show but this one left me disappointed.It was like a show about what a shop shows you when you first get into magic,minus the plastic cups and balls.
Well I do thank you for the effort.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Really nothing worthy here ......
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Ñothing to interest me this month, still a worthwhile show though.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2015, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Just placed an order. Thanks guys. This transaction was so simple...pressed PayPal...done. Thank you for being in this century unlike other sites who don't "get" the PayPal phenomenon.

I know I've complained in the past about ordering the WPR products, but this purchase was seamless. Thank you Dave for posting the links, and thank you WMS for offering PayPal. Yet...should I thank you? Now my money shall magically vanish more easily...

And, just now checked my email and found my WMS receipt to see my Worker of the Week bonus in my order confirmation. Nice. I love this...I gotta say. Instant gratification in this day and age goes a long way. OK. WMS rocks.

Really? So WMS is the only company that offers PayPal? Where have you been?
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
That must be the worst bunch of tricks / effects I have ever seen on the WPR.
Time to call it a day guys.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2015, Wizard of Oz wrote:

Really? So WMS is the only company that offers PayPal? Where have you been?

Ouch.
I simply complimented WMS on an easy transaction. I've been hard on them in other threads for not making WPR recommendations easier to purchase. And, I've "been" more places on the internet than you can imagine, as it's part of my job. Our firm designs websites. As far as magic sites go, you'd find that there are quite a few online stores that either don't offer PayPal as a purchasing option, or, they don't like one-time purchases without registration. On a larger scale, sites of all kinds (commercial and nonprofit) shy away from PayPal because the transaction takes the customer (or donor) away from their domain to make the purchase, and these sites fear that the customer may not make a return visit. Or, they may see PayPal as an unsophisticated option...lowbrow and associated with big box vendors like Amazon.

I'm the opposite. I get angry when sites don't value my time first and foremost, and don't try to make my experience as easy as possible. My experience with WMS was easy. Simple.

Perhaps you don't like the WPR or WMS. Cool. Been there. Done that. But I'm not quite sure why my comment offended you so.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
One thing you should never do is use Paypal for pre orders

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/ju......rt-lived

If the item is not delivered on time Paypal offers no protection at all
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2015, tophatter wrote:
Really nothing worthy here ......

Well, the the Steel Ball and Tube is really old , but it can be a great effect in the right hands. The guys mentioned that the instructions which come with this are very minimal , but if anyone wants to learn some killer routines with this then get Magic Ian's booklet "Magic With A Steel Ball And Tube" , still in-print from D.Robbins' EZ Magic as far as I know. Probably about $5.00. Well worth it.
Sackninja
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Sackninja
How is arthur for performing many times in a night, strolling. Will the gimmick wear out, can you use it for many tables one after another, etc.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Great show guys. Just cant seem to like Arthur. It just lacks something.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I would say, Arthur is a "throw a way" trick. Meaning, before or after a really great trick, it is something to do next that is interesting and time consuming. It will not set the world on fire, but will be interesting. Presented with the gag at the beginning, it is entertaining as well.
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2015, Sackninja wrote:
How is arthur for performing many times in a night, strolling. Will the gimmick wear out, can you use it for many tables one after another, etc.

No. It won't wear out.
Yes. You can use it one table after another.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Any layman with even half of a brain would be like "So if I pick one two or six it would also be that letter." I don't use the Hot Rod much anymore. I still have the original Hot Rod pen also and created my own routines as well but the count force is weak. I used a Steel Ball Tube for 35 years since I was a kid and it still kills today. David sarcastically said "A brand new trick" well if you want new tricks David read old books or get old tricks from way back in the day. That is what most inventors do today and then try and pass it off as their own idea. But us old school who have all the old stuff and thousands of books know that immediately when we see it.

There are a few that do not accept Paypal but most do now. I wanted to order from L&L many times only to find out they did not accept Paypal and went elsewhere. Not sure if they do now though but last I checked they didn't. I have ordered with a debit card but most of my funds are in Paypal that can be spent freely, so I prefer Paypal for that reason mostly.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review 249: Arthur, Search Engine Pen, Ball & Tube & 6 Minutes (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL