The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Guns and Magic for my Youtube Channal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Hi Guys,

I have been working on performing magic in a shooting range to promote my Gun-Gear-Training Youtube channal. My YouTube Channal is more for the gun community (The Pubic with Firearms)

Would like to have fellow Magicians feedback and ideas of anything I can perform at the range.

My first video on YouTube is called "The Magic Shot - One Shot two cards Hit" by Sgt. Magic

>>>> https://youtu.be/B4NXfLc6YDk
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sounds like "13 Have Died" is perfect for this. Catching a bullet in your teeth as a person shoots a bullet at your mouth. I will let you do your on research on this magic effect.
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Bill, no need for me to do any research. I have been doing magic for ONLY 38 years, so I know a thing or two!

I personally know two magician that had done the bullet catch with their teeth and both magician are still around.

(Firearms Rule) - Pointing a firearm at at anyone when It's not in self- defense is a violation of firearms rule and
you can do the research on that yourself.

Penn and Teller are the only magicians to do magic with guns. They did it in a magic way. Catching a real bullet shot
by a real gun is not Magic.. it's a publicity stunt and really dangerous!

My other upcoming videos of the Magic Shot - at the shooting range a family of 3, Father, Mother and Daughter will have a deck of cards.
They will shuffle the deck and each member of the family will have 15 to 20 cards to put the cardboard. I will take 5 shot at the back of the cards on the cardboard,
before I reveal the cards that was shot, I will tell the family that I have made a prediction and the cards that was hit made the royal flush.

Magic Shot #3 - ( 5 card Monty) I give a spectator 5 cards, the four queens and a King. I have the spectator shuffle the cards and put them on the cardboard and when I take the shot I find the king.

So Bill, Firearms are not dangerous the person behind the firearm could be the dangerous one.

Best,

Maro aka Sgt. Magic
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Firearms are not dangerous the person behind the firearm could be the dangerous one.

oh how true that is.

what about the trick where you make a deck of cards look like a gun and it shoots the selected card out? its kind of a go to trick for any firearms shop.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, Maro Anglero wrote:
Bill, no need for me to do any research. I have been doing magic for ONLY 38 years, so I know a thing or two!

I personally know two magician that had done the bullet catch with their teeth and both magician are still around.

(Firearms Rule) - Pointing a firearm at at anyone when It's not in self- defense is a violation of firearms rule and
you can do the research on that yourself.

Penn and Teller are the only magicians to do magic with guns. They did it in a magic way. Catching a real bullet shot
by a real gun is not Magic.. it's a publicity stunt and really dangerous!

My other upcoming videos of the Magic Shot - at the shooting range a family of 3, Father, Mother and Daughter will have a deck of cards.
They will shuffle the deck and each member of the family will have 15 to 20 cards to put the cardboard. I will take 5 shot at the back of the cards on the cardboard,
before I reveal the cards that was shot, I will tell the family that I have made a prediction and the cards that was hit made the royal flush.

Magic Shot #3 - ( 5 card Monty) I give a spectator 5 cards, the four queens and a King. I have the spectator shuffle the cards and put them on the cardboard and when I take the shot I find the king.

So Bill, Firearms are not dangerous the person behind the firearm could be the dangerous one.

Best,

Maro aka Sgt. Magic

13 have died is a book about the trick, catching a bullet. It is of course a trick. The 13 that have died doing this, is not because of the performers or the method. It is because over the years, people in the audience, would shoot their gun at the performer, attempting to prove it was a trick, and not real. Others have switched the bullet while on stage.

I thought you would have know what I was referring to if you have so much magic knowledge.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
For something with the perceived value of a life and death situation I would think you'ld have another dozen routines that are worthy of a TV special.
Doing something this amszing deserves more then a YouTube airing UNLESS you already have a giant following or are using this to promote a major charitable event.

You should get "modern day Houdini" by Bill Shirk who's had some of the most masterful ways to gain exposure and turn a stunt into a phonomoyn.

A different book I actually offer is " the original escapes of Arthur Coghlan" and again, while you learn amazingly simple secrets of impossible escapes, it may not be akin to the subject matter you like, but the how to gain publicity aspects are golden.

I hardly sell one or two of these a year and don't know why, it should be required reading for anyone wanting to " up " their Q Factor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Guns and Magic for my Youtube Channal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL