The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Ambitious Illusion (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harshitgoel
View Profile
New user
India
7 Posts

Profile of harshitgoel
I have always been fascinated by David Blaine, once I saw his Performance of an ACR Routine, and I came up with this

Requirement: A Double-Decker incl. a force deck (sold by Card-shark.de)
Skill Level: Intermediate, needs a gambler cop or any other way to ditch cards into pocket.

Background: This is primarily an Ambitious Card Routine, but with added stunner at the end. This Idea was based on the ACR concept done by David Blaine, with the premise of illusion vs reality. I just build upon that premise to make a more stunner effect.

Effect: The magician asks the spectator if he/she know the difference between the reality and an illusion. Whatever they answer, the magician asks, can they tell a difference between the two? Then the magician shows the top card (let say 6 of Clubs) and says that the reality is that the “6 of clubs” is on top. The magician then keeps top card face down in the middle of the deck and does a spring/dribble saying that “Now the reality is that the card is in the middle of the deck. But what if, what all you saw was an illusion? Whatever they saw was not real?” The magician than again shows the top card and says “And the 6 of club is still on top of the deck.” The magician says, let’s do it again. Again does the same thing, saying that “you still could not spot the difference”. Then magician says “Let me show you how I was going this.” and the magician spreads the card in hands face up, and shows that all the cards are 6 of clubs. The magician spread the deck face down on the table while saying this “Now you know the reality don’t you? But what if it isn't a reality at all?” and does a turn over that the cards are normal and there is only one 6 of clubs in the entire deck.

Please provide your valuable inputs on this routine.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Sounds interesting, nice thinking!
terryisaacs
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
Harshitgoel, hey I love when people work on original effects. I'm wondering when thinking of the effect you describe, wouldn't you be able to do an almost similar effect with sve***** type deck or a mir*** deck? Just a thought.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Use a knockout deck- with mine you can show all the cards different, then show all the cards are all queen of clubs.
harshitgoel
View Profile
New user
India
7 Posts

Profile of harshitgoel
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, terryisaacs wrote:
Harshitgoel, hey I love when people work on original effects. I'm wondering when thinking of the effect you describe, wouldn't you be able to do an almost similar effect with sve***** type deck or a mir*** deck? Just a thought.

The main reason to use the double decker is that it gives a full deck after the effect. They can count and they can inspect the deck. the down side here is if a person is experienced by a regular deck, he would be able to see the difference in the thickness, however I would not give full deck for inspection to one person, but distribute it to two or more people.
harshitgoel
View Profile
New user
India
7 Posts

Profile of harshitgoel
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, nattefrost wrote:
Use a knockout deck- with mine you can show all the cards different, then show all the cards are all queen of clubs.

I have never used a knockout deck, so I don't have any idea about it Smile if the deck apart from the queen has 52 cards, then it can be used for sure
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I would never hand out the cards. I think they're too thin, although Christian (Card-Shark) would probably disagree with me.

Robert
harshitgoel
View Profile
New user
India
7 Posts

Profile of harshitgoel
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2015, Robert M wrote:
I would never hand out the cards. I think they're too thin, although Christian (Card-Shark) would probably disagree with me.

Robert

That's a problem with experienced card handler.... I would still give the cards to 2-4 people and let them count a confirm... So that the thinness of cards is not apparent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Ambitious Illusion (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL