The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New sleights? (appearing/disappearing pens and coins) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Dear manipulators, I’m just a deprived mentalist, and was wondering what you nimble-fingered guys think about a few sleights described here:
http://www.newmagicsecrets.com.

All the effects include videos - I am referring in particular to the Impromptu Pen Vanish, the Catch of the Invisible and the Sealed fist vanish (the penetration video looks like Al Cohen’s Incredi-go?). Thanks,

Ken
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Kind of hard to tell without the actual sleight.

Looks impossible if it’s ungaffed.

Send me the pen videos and I'll tell you what I think about your sleights. Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Nice looking material. Wonder if that person knows about “Now you see it, now you don't.”
...to all the coins I've dropped here
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Yes, the “Catch of the Invisible” really looks like a version of Meir Yedid’s Now U see it, Now U don’t gimmick. That’s why I’m asking, I would hate sending money to someone who releases material without giving the proper credits.

On the other hand, the ads claim that “Impromptu pen vanish” and “Sealed fist vanish” are gimmickless sleights. Any other comments? Thanks
andru
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of andru
I would also like to know this.
Jean-Denis
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
126 Posts

Profile of Jean-Denis
Hi, I'm J-D from newmagicsecrets.com

The "Catch of the Invisible" doesn't use the same principle than Yedid's "Now you see it now you don't". The "Catch of the invisible" is designed especially to make pens or similar shaped objects appear in a flash. It is also more suited for those who like to do tricks on a stage (can be watched from far away).

The Sealed Fist Vanish is not impromptu, as mentionned in the description page of the trick:

"If you don't already have in your house the small components needed to achieve the secret method, they will be cheap and easy to find"

If you have more questions about the tricks, PM me anytime,

Jean-Denis
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-02-19 19:43, highmagic wrote:
Dear manipulators, I’m just a deprived mentalist, and was wondering what you nimble-fingered guys think about a few sleights described here:
http://www.newmagicsecrets.com.

All the effects include videos - I am referring in particular to the Impromptu Pen Vanish, the Catch of the Invisible and the Sealed fist vanish (the penetration video looks like Al Cohen’s Incredi-go?). Thanks,

Ken

Hey!! What a lot of nerve! A mentalist who thinks that all you have to do is learn a couple of manipulations and you can call yourself a magician. How would you feel if all the magicians started throwing a mindreading stunt into their show, and called themselves "mentalists?"

Oh, I forgot. They are doing that, aren't they? Never mind. Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New sleights? (appearing/disappearing pens and coins) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL