The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Equilibrium (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matty Freakin Whipple
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia, PA
86 Posts

Profile of Matty Freakin Whipple
Hey guys! I started working on this a few weeks ago and finally got it working perfectly. I really love tricks that look like displays of skill, and I wanted to do an impossible balance of a card box, but I wanted it to be something I could do at my restaurants and not worry that there might be people looking over my shoulder. So anyway, this is called Equilibrium. Pretty easy to do. Gimmick is easy to make and you probably already have what you need. You can display the balance 360 degrees, and afterward you can hand the cards AND the box out for examination (this was a big part of it for me... I needed everything to be examinable).

https://youtu.be/VQFr4kvnvpE

I have written up a manuscript with detailed instructions and a lot of pictures. Do you guys think I'd be able to sell it for a couple of bucks? If not, I'll probably just send it to people for free.
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
Looks good to me! Can the deck be examined or used for something else as well? If so, it looks like something that would be great for the street. I would buy it.
Matty Freakin Whipple
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia, PA
86 Posts

Profile of Matty Freakin Whipple
Thanks! Yes, everything is examinable and it's a normal deck of cards. Outside of the magic shop, I mostly do restaurant work and I especially like tricks that look like impossible skill displays. I wanted to do an impossible balance, but with a magical ending... Due to my need to pack light while bouncing from table to table, a deck switch is almost always out of the question for me. So, after a few months, I came up with this.

I started selling the PDF at the shop a couple of weeks ago and the response has been very positive, so I'm going to go ahead and offer them to members of the Café as well. Thanks a lot for the encouragement!

I'm selling a copy of the PDF for $5. If anyone is interested, you can send $5 to matty@mattywhipple.com. I don't have a Paypal account, but I do use square, cash.me, and google wallet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Equilibrium (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL