The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Renovations by Guy Hollingworth (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Hey guys!

Guy Hollingworth recently released his brand new lecture notes and as most of you know, Guy doesn't release much so this is a big deal!

As you would expect, Guy explains the effects clearly, and they're beautifully illustrated by him. His wonderful new sleight, The Topless Change, is a kind of Top Change of a card but from a most unusual position. It's wonderful, elegant, and simple, and he uses it in an Ace Assembly to illustrate the properties. He also explores a wonderful new Card to Pocket effect that we have seen him absolutely amaze magicians with.

As for the "classic" Hollingworth effects covered, our favorite is The Voodoo Card, in which you openly tear and burn a card, and its mate--without going near it--also is displayed torn and burned. It's a beautiful, original plot, and exemplifies Guy's creativity.

The complete list of effects are:

Topless Change
Minimalist Ace Assembly
Cards to Pocket
Universal Card Scam
Waving the Aces
The Voodoo Card

Enjoy!
-Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Ordered mine over the weekend - hope I get the poster!
Josh
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2015, JoshLondonMagic wrote:
Ordered mine over the weekend - hope I get the poster!

Me too man! The poster is really lovely!

The actual notes are wonderful! I love that the Guy is the illustrator as well!

-Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
182 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford
You can hear an 80 minute free interview with Guy Hollingworth here:

http://magicianspodcast.podbean.com/e/ep......ngworth/
DVYRCKT
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
76 Posts

Profile of DVYRCKT
I will go on record and say this.

The routine: Voodoo , is worth the price of the pamphlet alone! Although this is mentioned in the preface of Drawing Room Deceptions, the real work is here in renovations.

Cards to pocket: Amazing, the method is insane on here! I've been practicing this routine now for a few weeks. Looking forward to performing it.

Universal Card Scam: I will be using this on stage & parlor. Was fortunate enough to see Hollingworth perform this routine & was floored!

This and Quartet are no-brainers.

- Davey
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
As usual, I'm late to the party, but thanks, DVYRCKT, for the heads up. Just ordered it.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Is the Voodoo Card different than what was published in Paul Harris' AoA?
DVYRCKT
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
76 Posts

Profile of DVYRCKT
Scott,

Same method. Main difference is that the routine is tabled instead of "in-the-hands" as in AoA Vol. 3. ...Completely forgot this effect is in the PH book btw.

I think the major pro is Hollingworth gives the patter he uses when performing live on Renovations. Which to me, gives the routine more substance.

In your case I'd get the book for the other routines ie: Topless Change, Cards to Pocket, Waving the Aces, and Universal Card Scam. Also quartet is killer!

- Davey
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I love Quartet. That release never got the attention it deserved. The version of Doc Daley's last trick in that booklet is awesome.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I will order this just to check out the topless change...
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2016, Magical Dimensions wrote:
I will order this just to check out the topless change...

Well I got the booklet........ I have done what he called the topless change in the past. Just playing with cards in hand I did this move something like 30 years ago....... Oh well, it is good to see it in print.

Ray
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Just ordered my copy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Renovations by Guy Hollingworth (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL