The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Questions regarding the Asrah Levitation and TORA Magic (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Can someone point me towards a table (or better method maybe?) to vanish an assistant during an asrah levitation? What is the recommended method/prop?
I'd also like to know if there is any recommended builder/brand for this levitation? I would not want to get a cheap knock off...but then there are books about contruction those..so there are probably a million types/versions/manufacturers of this out there, I guess?

Does anyone of you have experience with TORA Magic? I could not find enough about it on google or the forum for some reason. They have an asrah levitation too. Does anyone have this?
Here is a nice video of the tora version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yIv_k0qqr0
I kinda liked it because it doesn't use any ceiling h##ks and works with a belt, which comes in very handy I think. What do you guys think about it?

Cheers,
Markus
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Memory-Jha,
You're starting up an already existing topic.
Please go to page 2 of this "Grand Illusion" and just under the middle you will see:
Ashra Levitation (HighClass). Also you can find there a link to a p r o f e s I o n a l performance.
As far as I know this illusion is build by Owens.
Much luck!
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
If you are referring to JUST the table you can go to any decent magic builder, buy one and have it made. There are also lots of plans out there for the table ie. Abbott's, Owen/Thayer, Osborne etc. if you can "do it yourself". Often there are tables/bases up on the various magic auction/sale sites. As far as another method of vanish it would also depend on the form being used.

With regards to the vanish/form I don't have experience with the one in the video but I do know Owen is considered the top end based on several folks who have posted on this site.

Blair
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Having your assistant dance around for half the routine will make it better... Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
shayward
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of shayward
Sorry for digging up an old topic....but I thought it might be better than starting a whole new one.

Does anyone know if I could use the Tora Magic asrah form with the belt hookup from a starting position on the floor? I have an idea on switching out the form for the assistant without using a table, but it would mean that the form/cloth would be starting on floor level with me crouching down to start the lift. Could this work, or does everything really have to be at table height in order to have a clean hook up?
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
This version doesn't use any kind of 'belt hook up'.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2017, shayward wrote:
Sorry for digging up an old topic....but I thought it might be better than starting a whole new one.

Does anyone know if I could use the Tora Magic asrah form with the belt hookup from a starting position on the floor? I have an idea on switching out the form for the assistant without using a table, but it would mean that the form/cloth would be starting on floor level with me crouching down to start the lift. Could this work, or does everything really have to be at table height in order to have a clean hook up?

Do you actually mean, "switching out the assistant for the form"?

The Portable Asrah by Lapin, might be what you are looking for:

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/portable-asrah/

Again, not a belt hook up, don't know of any belt hookups using this gimmick.

Not really a great way to start an illusion, with it being on the floor, as most of the audience will not see it, unless you are on a real theatrical stage that slopes down.
Dr.A
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dr.A
I have a Stevens Magic Portable Asrah to sell at a bargain price. It is designed to be used without a table. "Assistant" (form) is covered while standing, rises, goes horizontal, disappears, re-appears wherever. The instructions recommend belt hookup but I never performed it that way.

Nice touch: one of "her" toes wiggles while she is floating.

From what I can see from photos on ebay the Stevens Magic form gives a much more realistic performance than the Tora Magic form.
FasciN8
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of FasciN8
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2017, Dr.A wrote:
I have a Stevens Magic Portable Asrah to sell at a bargain price. It is designed to be used without a table. "Assistant" (form) is covered while standing, rises, goes horizontal, disappears, re-appears wherever. The instructions recommend belt hookup but I never performed it that way.

Nice touch: one of "her" toes wiggles while she is floating.

From what I can see from photos on ebay the Stevens Magic form gives a much more realistic performance than the Tora Magic form.

Hey there, I am interested in that item!
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
The best two person asrah I ever saw was a demo done on a small trailer in the lot at the Abbotts Get Together. don't recall the performers' names and not sure I even heard them. But it was a version of the UF Grant 'miracle suspension' screen approach. Assistant stands in front of vertical screen (decorated plywood board) which is neck high tall and about her width. Cloth is briefly held in front of her and then tied around neck. Her body is covered but her head is not. She then rises off the ground until suspended horizonally with neck on top of board much like a chair suspension but pointed toward audience. Another cloth is placed over head and she floats out from board ala zombie. She was then vanished and appeared standing in gathered audience.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Questions regarding the Asrah Levitation and TORA Magic (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL