The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Card Studio » » Printed Gimmicks - or make your own? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
Waiting for a positive comment from Pegasus for
60 Posts

Profile of SmaltrabTheAverage
Printed gimmicks - or make your own?

Hi all,

I'm looking to release an effect that I've used for a number of years, and I've always made my own gimmicks. It requires one gimmick each time you do the effect, so my question(s);

1) Would you be happy buying an effect, that simply teaches you the method on how to make your own gimmicks along with the routine, and then go and do it yourselves, maybe as a download? (Each gimmick takes around 5 mins max)

2) Would you prefer to buy the routine with a supplied number of gimmicks, AND a way to make your own, AND an option to re-order just the gimmicks for the lazy/busy magi?

3) Where can I get printed custom cards in bulk (It involves the back of the card being printed differently)?

***I do solemnly declare that I, SmaltrabTheAverage, will not release a DVD in a ridiculously oversized box, there will be NO misleading trailers, and I will add a FULL UNEDITED trailer with zero special effects on release!***

I look forward to your knowledgable input!
Sentoki
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Sentoki
It sounds great. If the effect fits in my routines I would buy it.
At makeplaingcards.com you can make custome decks and order also more than 54 cards or so, but I don't know how good the cards are, because I didn't habe any deck from there.
But maybe you can try this.
SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Thank you for pointing me to that site Sentoki, that's now in my bookmarks, but unfortunately won't do for the effect as it would really need to be bicycle cards for the majority (I know not everyone uses them).

I think to keep costs down for the buyer, a well priced download and/or PDF may need to be the way forward for now. It would then be around a $10-$15 download with plenty of information on creating the gimmick. Might have to post a few free downloads to get people's thoughts.
Sentoki
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Sentoki
To make a gimmicked Bicycle Deck you would have to work with USPCC. So the PDF would be a good thing.
Could you tell us what Kind of effect it is
SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

It's a torn and restored trick gone wrong (i.e it's not restored), with a nice little kicker to finish. It uses a signed card, and everything can be handed straight out for examination. It's not a magician fooler or anything revolutionary, but I've had great responses from it, and I haven't seen anything around like it from the research I've done.

I'll try and get a performance of it on Youtube to share.

Mark
Sentoki
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Sentoki
That would be nice. I'm really interested in this trick.
lukkudlek
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of lukkudlek
Me too. Also, if we only got the download, there won't be any shipping problem. Which dealer do you coinsider releasing it at?
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Forget about altering the back of a USPCC Bicycle Riderback card. They won't allow that.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
lukkudlek
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of lukkudlek
Yeah, maybe mandolin 809s or Phoenix backs?

But there's another option - I personally think that only download would be the best, because of no shipping problems plus you would be able to create the gaffs for any deck brand.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Card Studio » » Printed Gimmicks - or make your own? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL