The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Gordon's book Gold Dust (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ollybollydobdob
View Profile
New user
UK
80 Posts

Profile of ollybollydobdob
Here is a couple of effects from Paul Gordon's book, Gold Dust.
If you haven't got this book, and your into card magic, then you are really missing out, I think its one if the best books ever on cards!
All of the effects require a regular ungimmicked deck(apart from the packet tricks)no set up and are easy to do, some self working ones here too!
I use these 2 effects all the time in my close up act, I love 'em, hope you like them too.
Any questions, ask away . . .

https://youtu.be/M4s8WT6fOfY

All the best,
Darren
bangustar
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bangustar
I liked the Ace sandwich production! Nice one.
ollybollydobdob
View Profile
New user
UK
80 Posts

Just wanted to add,
I think this book will have flown under the radar of so many magicians (there is also a book 2 and 3 available) as I think Paul only sells these books direct through his own website and they're not available from any other dealers!
But seriously, these books are awesome, I think, in the 3 volumes there are around 350 effects!! All card, a lot of self workers or very easy.
What I really like about Pauls effects are they are so direct and to the point, most are visual, quick, little or no set up and no gimmicks!
If you haven't seen or read any of Pauls stuff I believe Alakazam Magic are releasing a dvd set of Pauls magic, I haven't seen these yet but I am sure they will be full of some amazing doable card magic.
bangustar
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bangustar
Could you please tell me the name of the first trick in the video please?
ollybollydobdob
View Profile
New user
UK
80 Posts

Its called HELLMANS ACES and the packet trick is KILLER OBSERVATION TEST
Will put up a couple more vids from this book over the weekend.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I love this book...so many gems. I really like his streamlined version of Ambitious Classic among many others. Will probably order his two other volumes shortly.
bangustar
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bangustar
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2015, ollybollydobdob wrote:
Its called HELLMANS ACES and the packet trick is KILLER OBSERVATION TEST
Will put up a couple more vids from this book over the weekend.

Thanks a lot! I love your variation.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Great performance!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
ollybollydobdob
View Profile
New user
UK
80 Posts

Here is another couple of effects from Paul Gordon's Gold Dust, Shocked Aces and Twin Peeks.
I love Shocked Aces, it's not your usual 4 Ace production and has a great ending that most Ace routines tend to lack!
Twin Peeks is a brilliant gaffed deck that I used for years, but I wanted to the same effect without a gaffed deck, so came up with this, it's the same effect and similar method but the spectator can handle and shuffle the cards, you can use to perform most of your other effects and is instantly reset and is a different outcome every time. Paul's Twin Peeks is Brilliant, a very clever method, but it needed a gaffed deck that could only be used for that effect, I used to use it when I had finished my close up/Walkaround set and was chatting to the guests afterwards and they would ask to see another trick, I would use this, but now I can just use the deck I have been using all night and do it at any point in my routine without an extra deck to carry around, it took me AGES to come up with this method, I just loved the effect so much and wanted to do it all the time, so thanks Paul for the original, it's such a great idea!
Be sure to check out Gold Dust, you wont be disappointed, I think Paul said somewhere, there is so much material in these books it works out about 20p a trick!!!!
By the way, It was a real rush doing this video, but if we didn't get it done tonight, it would have been another week and I was really excited to get these up as soon as possible, I am not entirely happy with the performance but wanted you to see the material in theses books and didn't want to wait another week, so sorry if it seems a little rushed, Maria and Myself were just so short of time,
Any questions, do please ask,
Thanks for watching and reading and hope you like . . .
Darren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHAHrw9Hmho
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

I'm a big fan of Paul work and I'm happy to say that after 20 years to chatting about it Alakazam will be releasing a 3 Disc DVD set late November (in time for Christmas). The project is called Gold Dust Live and believe me it's full of killer card magic. The first run of 1,000 units are a deluxe set iwith beautiful packaging and will also include gimmicks to perform some of Paul's previously marketed effects.

I'll keep you all updated.

Best Regards

Peter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Gordon's book Gold Dust (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL