The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Flower Clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic_jim
View Profile
New user
Michigan
16 Posts

Profile of magic_jim
Greetings to all,

Can someone tell be if a palming clip for spring/paper flowers can be made. Or is it something I have to buy from my dealer?
If it is something I can make myself, would someone be kind enough to give me a few pointers in the construction?
As always, thank you all very much for all of your help...

Magic Jim
We are the illusion ... The Magic, Now thats the real stuff~~~Unknown
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
To my knowledge there is no flower clip for regular spring flowers to be produced singly from the hand. Vernet makes a small spring flower holder that comes with paper flowers. Japanese just use a rubberband to hold them together until ready to produce.

I did see one from David Robbins Magic, E-Z Magic some years ago with the holder built onto the flowers, so the holder was part of the flower. This was an import, and I only seen a sample. I don't know if it is still available.

Richard Hughes of Feather Flower Fame, who post on this forum at one time made larger size spring flowers with a gimmick to produce them singly from the hand. I believe the made the ones' that Goldfinger and Dove used in their act.

We may be lucky and he can post if still available.

You can make them if you have a metal bender. You need to make right angles at an angle to contour the flowers. The holder is V shaped to hold the flowers. You need the flowers 1st, for the measurements.

http://www.hughesmagic.com

You can email him to see if he still make the gimmick and flowers.
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
Try cutting down to length the cardboard tube inside a roll of toilet tissue. then flatten this down with the flowers inside. Leave the strings out. You might put a few staples along one rdge of the roll.

:magicrabbit:
"Pick any card. NOT that one!!!"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, I made clips to hold the fingertip spring flowers. I know longer make the spring flowers (except in extreme cases of begging!!). Imports killed the market for my higher priced custom flowers.

Basically, the clip is described properly as kind of a v shape about 1/2 " deep and with a little lip. Kind of hard to describe. I certainly could make one if the flowers were sent to me to fit properly.

Years ago, there were clips (I think by P&L) that were wire and held the flowers collapsed. A band of tissue paper was the original method of holding the flowers closed for production from a paper cone.
By the way, I did not make Goldfinger's flowers.

If you are using the flowers with strings, instead of tying them into a knot loop them through a safety pin and secure them with a piece of tape. Then, when they are tangled, you can undo the tape and quickly untangle them. This tip was Ali Bongo's.

Al DeLage also suggested putting a bingo type device (exploding cap) in among the flowers so when they are thrown in the air there is a pop. Put a small piece of string on the device and secure it to the bouquet.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mr. Hughes,

Thanks for all the great ideas. I just never considered the bingo for that use. It does make a lot of sense.

I wish I could find that unique flowers with the clip holder built onto the last flower and a clip over the top of the 2nd to last flower to hold the final flower closed, relaased as yo push up.
proliv
View Profile
New user
Portugal
36 Posts

Profile of proliv
I Would use simply a clip but you can try to produce one or two spring flowers betwin a deck.
From the clip to a palm to the midle of the deck. Is a good effect. Try it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Flower Clip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL