The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Is SHOWBIZ Crm not being updates any more? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
I only ask since their feature comparison saying it was last updated in 2012. Is this software drifting now? Is anyone using it and happy still? It seems to have a lot more features than giggio.
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
We definitely don't update the feature comparison that regularly, we put a date on that page because that information is likely to change eventually and we're not likely to know about it right away. Otherwise I could put something on that page that is true at the time of writing and, without a date, it could look like I'm giving false/misleading information if that ever changes. In other words, that information is not when ShowBiz CRM was last updated, only the last time that every single feature from every single program has been checked.

Folks from competing systems have contacted us from time to time as their features change, and we make the updates but don't change the date unless we go through and audit everything on that list. The last partial change to the feature list was in Feb of this year.

In terms of updates, I just rolled out an update this weekend.

Included in the update -

Email open tracking - in addition to email blasts, we've added tracking to all emails generated from the system. Now when the system sends out an email, you can see the read status in the history.

New Merge Fields - When a date gets merged into an email template, it does so in whatever your native format is (e.g. 9/29/15) For example, "Hi Aukt, I checked my calendar and I'm definitely available on 09/29/15..." doesn't look as good/natural as "Hi Aukt, I checked my calendar and I'm definitely available on September 29th..." so we added that capability.

In addition, we added some new fields for calculating deposits and balances due regardless of current outstanding payment amount.

Better attachment handling in history - Showbiz has the ability to generate a PDF that is attached to an email, but it can also attach a static file to an email. In the communication history for the gig, it would show the generated attachments, but not the static attachments. These files are included now.

API Updates - more developments have been made to the API, which allows you to integrate ShowBiz CRM into other platforms and also serves as a foundation for the new UI being launched in the near future.

These are just the updates in the last 72 hours. I'm actually at a tech conference today in Boston learning about the very latest mobile technologies to see if there is anything I can include in the iphone/android app which is also in active development.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
I use it every day and it is still solid.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I also use it daily... it has helped me immensely!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I had heard updates were coming and I'm excited for it. I couldn't operate my business without Showbizcrm!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Is SHOWBIZ Crm not being updates any more? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL