The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Torn 2 Pieces (Farquhar) with mismade bill? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plmqaz1243
View Profile
Regular user
Only has
141 Posts

Profile of plmqaz1243
Has anyone tried performing Shawn Farquhar's torn 2 pieces with a mismade bill and a normal bill? The end result of torn 2 pieces always reminds me of a mismade bill and I feel like torn 2 pieces with a borrowed bill would be so stong. Is there a way to make the gimmick with a single continuous piece of bill material (Buying a sheet and cutting it yourself, I suppose), or just gluing the normal bill to the mismade one? (I guess I answered my own question, but any additional thoughts)
Thanks,
Chris
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Hey Chris!

I had the same idea a while back! I'm guessing others must have had that idea as well, as it's a really great idea!

I love that it would be signed!

-Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well, I am sure you could do this with a bill, but to then say a borrowed bill, you are stretching it, as what if the guy only has a bill that looks like it's last days on earth. Have you seen how most people keep their money, all balled up in wads.

I guess it is good to wish, but why not do it with a picture as sold. At least you won't get arrested for counterfeiting money.

I like you want to do something with another guys idea, but then you want to do it on the cheap side of things.

Everyone of you comments cancels out the next.

Maybe you have not did much searching, why don't you search for a torn and restored bill that you can simply substitute the Mismade bill as the climax.

You also comment, you thought a bill would be stronger, well as long as the money in their hands it is theirs, as soon as it leaves their hands, it is no longer theirs. So how would that be stronger then something very personal, like a picture of theirs, that brings back memories of a point in their lives.

Torn 2 Pieces seems on the surface as good trick, but with the extensive preparation, it is not a trick that would be used very often, and the amount of investment involved to produce on photograph. $700 for Photoshop, $50 for photo paper, cutter for custom paper sizes, a custom edge cutter you may have to make, another $100 for the special photograph ink, plus you'll most likely have to get a quality photograph printer.

And finally, after watching the video of the trick, I can tell exactly how it was done, not very clean in my opinion. Shawn depends a lot on ditching in most of his tricks. Overuse of a method is not very good.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Well, that was clearly thought out and carefully worded. Your thought process was concise and you used impeccable grammar.
Thank you again, Bill
Ihor
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2015, Ihop wrote:
Well, that was clearly thought out and carefully worded. Your thought process was concise and you used impeccable grammar.
Thank you again, Bill

Where is my A+ grade?
plmqaz1243
View Profile
Regular user
Only has
141 Posts

Profile of plmqaz1243
Thanks, Guys.
I've done Ammar's mismade bill folding, and I was just wondering about how one would go about constructing the gimmick (aka which methods you prefer/any other methods).
For anybody worrying about the practicality of Torn 2 Pieces, I'd like to say that you definitely don't need photoshop to create the image. I own photoshop for my own personal use, but you can use Microsoft Paint, which comes free on any PC, or a number of free equivalents for Mac and PC, to create the image. My local photo shop has a very reasonable rate for photo prints (they currently offer 75 4*6 inch prints 29 cents each). I can create 15 gimmicks for the price of a deck of cards and only about 20 to 30 minutes of prep time total. No offense, but who in their right mind would buy a photo printer for a single effect when photo shops are so common (Walgreens, Staples, and Walmart come to mind in my area- it may vary in others)? This just seems like such a wonderful effect for some characters (but not all). I would also like to remind you that this effect can't be performed with a borrowed image, as Bill suggested. Thanks for the great input, guys! And Bill, here is your A+ (if I am one to give it).
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
The DVD discusses the use of currency, specifically a borrowed and signed bill....
plmqaz1243
View Profile
Regular user
Only has
141 Posts

Profile of plmqaz1243
Thanks, Shawn! I didn't find anything on performing T2P with paper currency on the Penguin page or in any reviews, but if you explain how to do the effect with money, it sounds very worth checking out!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
There's so many possibilities.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
As Shawn said...he discusses this on the DVD, but this same effect was also performed on an episode of Celebracadabra, by Ant if I remember correctly.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
I know this is an old post, but Dan Harlan discusses this with his Crazy 8 effect. The version performed on Celebracadabra was Asi Wind's version, which he independently created, and thus hasn't released
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
I've been performing it for many years under the title "Crazy-Cash."
I taught it to Keith Barry for his first U.S. TV special in 2004. Here's a low quality video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhLwzSp2q4
Celebracadabra came out fours years later with the same effect... independently created.
If you're interested in my original work with it, the Crazy-8 pdf from my site contains instructions for Crazy-Cash.
I still think it's one of my best creations, ever.
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2017, DanHarlan wrote:
I've been performing it for many years under the title "Crazy-Cash."
I taught it to Keith Barry for his first U.S. TV special in 2004. Here's a low quality video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhLwzSp2q4
Celebracadabra came out fours years later with the same effect... independently created.
If you're interested in my original work with it, the Crazy-8 pdf from my site contains instructions for Crazy-Cash.
I still think it's one of my best creations, ever.

Thanks for the clarification Dan! I thought you called it Crazy-Cash but I didn't want to post the wrong name!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Torn 2 Pieces (Farquhar) with mismade bill? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL