The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New clown around town (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Auggie
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Auggie
Hey everyone! I've been around on these forums over the past year or so, reading up on different things and having a general interest as well.

...well I have also been into juggling over the past year and yesterday decided that I would follow my own dreams and the advice of others...and so I have decided to plunge in and become a clown. So let's paint the scene shall we?

I have an upcoming bicycle ride from San Francisco to San Diego then onto Florida and north to Quebec. If everything works out then I'll be going to mooseburger camp in Minnesota at the end of July (after that I'm not sure if I want to head to Seattle then back to San Francisco or just straight to sf).

During this trip I will be performing helpx, wwoofing, workaway and couchsurfing, to bring my clowning around. I plan to be in the 'happy to lucky hobo' style of clowning.

As this is the beginning of a bigger plan I have, I will also be making youtube videos of it (mainly geared to the nomad community).

...so...why am I on a magic site? Well as a happy go lucky hobo clown, I want to do some magic tricks with slapstick/physical comedy.

So hello to a great community, and I hope to learn a lot about magic as well!

Oh p.s. Because of my situation is there a direction you recommend I go in as a beginner clown/comedic magician? Cheers!!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Auggie,

I can't imagine bicycling that far and still having any energy to learn anything.

I'd suggest sponge balls as a good start because they are light and visual. Maybe a simple TT and silk streamer. Sorry I'm not the slapstick physical type so I can't really direct you to that.

Clowning can be very physical so get a cotton outfit that can be washed. Cotton fades quickly but it is a trade off for washable and cool.

Check out "The Carnival of Fun" section.

-Mary Mowder
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Welcome aboard Auggie!

Always happy to see a new face in the Café...even if it's painted Smile
There's something here for everyone, and there are plenty of nice folks here to help you out with anything you need. As far as beginner's magic, check out The Beginners Table. There is also a section dedicated to clowns, jugglers, balloon artists, etc. called Carnival of Fun. Have a look around, and if you need anything, just post a question in the appropriate forum. Hope to hear more about your escapades as they unfold!

Best,

Mike Smile
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Ms. Mary posted while I was typing my response, so there's a little duplication of information! LOL
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Auggie
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Auggie
Wow thanks! Somehow I completely missed that section. Probably because such a wealth of information. I've been a nomad for about a year now and have done a but of traveling. I'm fairly lucky because of my position-I currently have the gi bill and do distance education so I am able to survive without a job at the moment-and I am more aimed at wanting to busk. So I don't need to worry so much about the travel as I will be able to relax plenty enough during my trip (of course it's not going to be easy at times though!) I'm also on the clown-forum (same username) so I'm not too worried about the clown specific stuff. But I don't really know anything about all this stuff. Looks like I better get started! Thanks for the information and the directions. Why didn't I sign up sooner?! (Oh ya gmail/hotmail blocked haha ) cheers!!
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
I'm using my GI Bill for distance learning also...I wish I could survive off of that! :p
-Mike Gilbert Smile

mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Welcome. Great to see another cyclists at the Café
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New clown around town (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL