The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ulimate Levitation Pen by Steve Fearson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just ran across this new product from Steve Fearson, it got my attention. Reminds me of Finn Jon's floating stick for stage magic. The R & D had to be horrible to work out.

I am surprised it has not been all over the Café, it looks good, and if sounds like this could replace the floating dollar bill by miles. Looks better then his Floating Cigarette.

Anyone purchased it yet? If so, can you give a report of your experience?

http://fearsonmagic.com/index.php?main_p......ts_id=41
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
I can't watch the video where I'm at (work), but it sounds awesome! Any idea how much it costs?
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
About $35
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Not terrible...I like Steve's work. I'd say it's worth it.
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Looks good.

Wish it was more self cointained though. Seems like you have to be already rigged up and then you connect the sharpie from there. I would have gotten more use out of it if it was like a lossander dancing wand (just with with a sharpie).

That said, I do like it!
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
I have Steve's Master Levitation kit/DVD and am very happy with it, so I took the plunge on this. Have not yet had a chance to play around too much with it, but I can say that the ad copy is very accurate. The pen is somewhat gimmicked but not in any noticeable way and can be freely handed out. Steve teaches two hookups, one very basic, the second slightly more advanced. You also get a vectra TB as well. I don't want to write anything here that might tip too much on a public forum, but given that I received a gimmicked sharpie, a vectra tb, and solid instruction from Steve Fearson, I am very pleased with my purchase.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Richie Dee
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Richie Dee
I just purchased this pen. Steve has done it again.
I have a collection of SHARPIES and this one is going to be the one on top of the list of effects.

Without sounding too enthusiastic, IT'S FRICKE'N AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Perfectly balanced and why it is so beautiful is that you can float it (seemingly) AWAY from your body so that it doesn't look like any "regular" hook-up.
Fooled my wife. And that's difficult to do!

IMPORTANT: You can hand the pen to a spectator to use and float it as soon as he hands it back to you.

I am MORE than very happy with another BRILLIANT product by Steve.

http://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?ma......s_id=449
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I got an email last week from Steve where this was the "secret sale item" (BOGO free). So I jumped on it. Got it today and am very pleased. Two different hookups are taught. One is a quicky for the simple animation/levitation of the pen and the second is the standard "Fearson Hookup" if you are familiar with his other work. With the Fearson Hookup, you can do a lot more. He goes into great details, including "Proving moves" in this 37 1/2 minute private video. You get the "Perfectly balanced WORKING Sharpie pen" and a Vectra thread bullet. Worth every penny even if I had not stumbled into the bogo sale. This will always be on my person (so I am very happy I have 2) and I will perform this. I cannot see this ever ending up in a drawer because it is so visual and so simple. Plus it can be a quick "one off" animation or a full levitation routine depending on your needs.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I really like the looks of this.
And if Poof say's it good.You can count on it.
Todd
Pirouz
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pirouz
Thanks Poof,
I may just get this.
I'm an IT nut.
Pirouz
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
388 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
I just wanted to add my little review of this clever idea. It's definitely a well thought out alternative to the floating cigarette. It can be used anywhere and has no age restrictions which is great. Very easy to learn but will take a little bit of work to master. Be patient with it as it does pay off. As always, support the creator and buy direct http://www.emagicsupply.com
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
CoffeeWithMagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of CoffeeWithMagic
I have a part-time job where I use Sharpies, and I do magic sometimes to kids if I have time (coloring book is the biggest hit with the little ones).
But, does this require a special setup/hookup that wouldn't work with certain clothing? Specifically, would an apron be an issue?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, CoffeeWithMagic wrote:
I have a part-time job where I use Sharpies, and I do magic sometimes to kids if I have time (coloring book is the biggest hit with the little ones).
But, does this require a special setup/hookup that wouldn't work with certain clothing? Specifically, would an apron be an issue?

If you are currently doing thread work with your apron on, then this should be as good as your other effects. If not, I assume you are wearing a white apron, and that will not work. It has to be black or dark purple, busy prints would be the best background.

This will take lots of practice and rehearsal if you are not familiar with floating magic tricks. It is not easy and an takes a commitment on the magician's part to go through the preparation and setup.

I would think, this would not suit an environment where on minute you are serving or preparing food, and the next you want to show a floating object. Just to many factors tat can go wrong.
CoffeeWithMagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, CoffeeWithMagic wrote:

If you are currently doing thread work with your apron on, then this should be as good as your other effects. If not, I assume you are wearing a white apron, and that will not work. It has to be black or dark purple, busy prints would be the best background.

This will take lots of practice and rehearsal if you are not familiar with floating magic tricks. It is not easy and an takes a commitment on the magician's part to go through the preparation and setup.

I would think, this would not suit an environment where on minute you are serving or preparing food, and the next you want to show a floating object. Just to many factors tat can go wrong.

Thanks for the feedback! Does it take long to get into the "setup" state for the effect? The environment is one where I can be stationed in one spot for a good while, and not moving from that spot, but also where I am passing drinks/food to customers.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I would have to say, if you have to pass food and drinks to customers, it would not be ideal to have this set to go. Any setup should be out of the sight of customers and employees.

You did not reply to your experience with thread, if you have none and it sounds like you have none. You should investigate this before thinking about any of this kind of magic.

When you get 50 posts you will be able to view the thread topic, and learn about this.
CoffeeWithMagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
I would have to say, if you have to pass food and drinks to customers, it would not be ideal to have this set to go. Any setup should be out of the sight of customers and employees.

You did not reply to your experience with thread, if you have none and it sounds like you have none. You should investigate this before thinking about any of this kind of magic.

When you get 50 posts you will be able to view the thread topic, and learn about this.

Sorry, didn't see a question on my experience with thread. I have some experience, and have experimented and used a few ITRs. I have a supply of IT and have experimented with other things for my job, not money related, with it.

I'll send you a PM about something related to this setup, that can maybe be answered better there. Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You actually get the gaffed marker, a regular one. A Vectra thread Bullet (pre stripped for your convenience) and some "master wax". Then there is a web address and a password to view and / or download the "how to" which goes over a couple ways to set it up.

To answer your earlier question. Yes. You could have this set up all the time without getting in the way of your other work (doing you actual job, going card or coin effects....)
And Bill gave you some great info on a "busy pattern" to camouflage the presences of the three while performing.

Smile Smile
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
This looks great. Steve Fearson is a genius and one of my favourite creators.

Just curious if the ink cartridge can be replaced if the Sharpie ever runs out?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, Bob_Hummer wrote:
This looks great. Steve Fearson is a genius and one of my favourite creators.

Just curious if the ink cartridge can be replaced if the Sharpie ever runs out?

Please Read Poof-Daddy's post more carefully.

Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
You actually get the gaffed marker, a regular one. A Vectra thread Bullet (pre stripped for your convenience) and some "master wax". Then there is a web address and a password to view and / or download the "how to" which goes over a couple ways to set it up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ulimate Levitation Pen by Steve Fearson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL