The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Using "The Raven" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
I am right handed so the gimmick is difficult to use via the shirt hookup, it hangs on the opening upon release. Oh Well, winter is coming so jackets are required.! Smile Smile Smile
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
TheExpertAm
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of TheExpertAm
Okay, You guys are getting me confused with the difference between the reel raven, and the original, the box said it was the reel raven (I got it in a kit with the raven, the video, and a few coins), and mine makes no noise, and you all say that the reel raven makes noise, so I'm confused, I got mine last weekend and I love it, what IS the difference between the reel and original!!!!!!!!!!!
"Do or do not, there is no try."
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
For anyone looking I found a nice shim shell half at Magic Warehouse for only 10.50 that works well with the Raven. It's not an expanded shell but still makes for some nice effects.

Hope this helps.
Smile
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
I prefer the original Raven. Simple is better, and it doesn't get any simpler than the original! Remember, if it has moving parts, it will break! It is not a matter of "if", but "when". Smile
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
Merlin!
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Merlin!
If you live in Canada, you have a great bonus, all of the Canadian coins (except the penny) will work with the Raven, so you can even vanish a borrowed coin without switching.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Captain caveman,

Thats my favorite cartoon as a kid, awesome.

Raven is a nice tool to have if you are doing quick tricks and can reset without incident.
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
Can I use the Raven to vanish an ungimmicked coin in the middle of a routine? Is there a big "get ready?" I want to use something to vanish a coin in the middle of a coin box routine. Would the Raven work for something like this? Am I clean at the end of the vanish, meaning nothing in my hands? I'm fine with something up my sleeve. Thanks for the help.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
No.

There isn't a big get ready, but it depends on misdirection and practice.

You are clean at the end.

While you cannot always vanish an ungimicked coin, the coins you do vanish can be handed out and examined closly, and with a shuttle pass you can even borrow coins...
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
I need to vanish a coin right in the middle of a coinbox routine (roths out with five). The coin is in and out of the box, palmed, then I need to vanish it. And then continue with other coins in and out of the box, palming etc. Is the raven right for this application?
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I bought the Raven a while ago and never used it because I did not like the set-up (loop). Does anyone know of a more impromptu handling to get the gimmick ?

Ideally, the method can be repeatable...but, the retrieval of the gimmick probably would be different to avoid detection by repeating the same movements.

Magically yours,
Jeff
Long Island,

New York
Mxn
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Mxn
I've just ordered the deluxe kit...
everyone is saying that it is great and I hope it is...
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
You'll be happy that you ordered the kit. Also think about picking up a shimmed half dollar un-e]. I think you'll see why when the kit gets to you.

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Pocket_Picker04
View Profile
New user
Florida
9 Posts

Profile of Pocket_Picker04
I love my RAVEN but I am surprised to see only one person suggest an alternate use for the raven..come on lets expand our minds for instance if you own the video you know how to do a matchbook a dollar and so forth. I personally use it to do keys and coin to card mostly but there is so much more I mean why just Vanish coins, heck why not make one appear for a change Smile just my opinion though
if i show you a card trick will you really miss your wallet?
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of cloneman
I use the Raven to clean up after a particularly dirty PK Spoon bend/break/restore trick - a great trick, but you are left holding a cumbersome gaff, and the audience focused on your hands. Since the spoons are steel, vanishing the gaff is simplicity itself and leaves the audience baffled.
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Using "The Raven" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL